guys using drum spill containment?

/ guys using drum spill containment?
Last edited:
   / guys using drum spill containment? #12  
I merged them to this one and left an expiring re-direct for a week in the other one.

Thanks Moss... I must have been posting this at the same time you moderated.

The one ordered from Grainger did not come in... Grainger had a similar low profile one with less spill capacity ;-(

Ended up taking it and plan to return it when the one ordered arrives... very close in price.

Still a little confused as to why fuel made from food stock has the same hazardous requirements as petroleum base?

The drum of 55 gallon Biodiesel was a gift... kind of a "Ranch Warming" gift...

Did check with Kubota and it should be OK to use...

Maybe I will just keep it for the 350C dozer...

I would hate to have problems with the new f250 Diesel pickup with 500 miles on the odometer.

Any good or bad experience with commercial biodiesel fuel... or maybe a topic for a new thread?

In a hurry when it arrived so just set it down on the slab and headed off to work.

Attachments

• BioDiesel Drum.jpg
    BioDiesel Drum.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 133
   / guys using drum spill containment? #14  
Still a little confused as to why fuel made from food stock has the same hazardous requirements as petroleum base?

The drum of 55 gallon Biodiesel was a gift... kind of a "Ranch Warming" gift...

Did check with Kubota and it should be OK to use...

Maybe I will just keep it for the 350C dozer...

I would hate to have problems with the new f250 Diesel pickup with 500 miles on the odometer.

Any good or bad experience with commercial biodiesel fuel... or maybe a topic for a new thread?

In a hurry when it arrived so just set it down on the slab and headed off to work.

In Oregon all diesel is at least B5 and many auto diesel pumps have gone to B20. The state has waved the state portion of the tax on the B20 and with the forgiven tax price of the B20 is still very close to the regular B5 at other stations. Have a fuel level sensor in my BX that is starting to quit working and had to replace the fuel level sensor on the GL3130 from being rusted. Guess what I think about the biodiesel at the pump crap?

David

/ guys using drum spill containment? #15  
I ran B20 for 300 gallons of a fill. Never again. Caused me clogged filters, gelling, destroyed fuel lines, Ect. Not a fan!

Chris

I always think it would be akin to a clogged artery...

Have not used the drum yet... need a pump or a way to transfer.

One thing is we don't have the cold weather to deal with..

My BX also has a rusted sending unit... never used anything but straight pump diesel.

I think the material used could have been better... some vehicles use stainless for sending unit.

/ guys using drum spill containment? #18  
I have a water bed bladder cut out like a can so the sides act as walls and just built a box for it,,