Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #21  
When modified with a dual port muffler or the like, you may even have to fatten up the jet inside the carb.

I have put a DP cover on my 650 all I had to do was tune the H to get it to 4 stroke out of wood.

Done half a dozen muffler mods from just a few small extra holes to gaping holes that are close to the size of a quarter in saws 70cc or smaller and never had to rejet. Untill you port one the carb can usually flow more fuel than the engine will ever demand.

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #22  
The oil packet in post #1 is 1.8 oz. Divide that into 128 oz and the ratio is 71:1. Seems kind of risky to me, but I've never used it.

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #23  
uhhh yea that's a problem I never even looked at the oil amount. 50:1 is like 2.6 right? Your getting awfully lean at those ratios listed esp since some is staying in the packet!!!

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #24  
With all the rains this year there is lots to do with fire inspection coming up...

My 2 stroke equipment runs from 16 to 1, 20 to 1, 32 to 1, 40 to 1 and 50 to 1... making 5 different mixes.

Would Opti let me run all with one mix?

The Stihl SRM Brush cutter is 30+ years old and is 20 to 1 and gets used about 50 hours each Spring... well over a 1,000 hours and only keeping the spark arrestor and spark plug clean and checking the gear lube.

Chainsaws, hedge trimmers, generator, etc are typically used less than 50 hours annually.

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #25  
With all the rains this year there is lots to do with fire inspection coming up...

My 2 stroke equipment runs from 16 to 1, 20 to 1, 32 to 1, 40 to 1 and 50 to 1... making 5 different mixes.

Would Opti let me run all with one mix?

The Stihl SRM Brush cutter is 30+ years old and is 20 to 1 and gets used about 50 hours each Spring... well over a 1,000 hours and only keeping the spark arrestor and spark plug clean and checking the gear lube.

Chainsaws, hedge trimmers, generator, etc are typically used less than 50 hours annually.

I have been using opti 2 for many years with no issues. My Stihl chainsaw is 20yrs old as is my Ryobi weedwacker, my Stihl backpack blower is 15yrs old. All work flawlessly and start on 2nd or 3rd pull.

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #26  
Are you using the original mix ratio or a reduced ratio with Opti?

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #27  
I use Amsoil 2 stroke Mix it 80-1 for all my equipment. I know nothing about OPTI-2. I'll have to google it

Expensive stuff. If I'm looking at it right..69.95 for a gallon vs 36.70 for amsoil

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #29  
So it looks like I will need to keep at least 4 gallon cans with various mixes...

My oldest and lightest saw is 16 to 1

The Echo Brush Cutter which gets a lot of use is 20 to 1

Have Toro Commercial Mower that is also two stroke... someone borrowed it and put in straight gas... lucky it seems no worse for wear and they filled it up in appreciation for using it... I sent it over with a full tank of Mix...

Labels and a Wall Chart Keep me honest as does having each container clearly marked... only wish there was a single source of ethanol free around here.

/ Opti-2 for 2 cycle.... good or bad #30  
So it looks like I will need to keep at least 4 gallon cans with various mixes...

My oldest and lightest saw is 16 to 1

The Echo Brush Cutter which gets a lot of use is 20 to 1

Have Toro Commercial Mower that is also two stroke... someone borrowed it and put in straight gas... lucky it seems no worse for wear and they filled it up in appreciation for using it... I sent it over with a full tank of Mix...

Labels and a Wall Chart Keep me honest as does having each container clearly marked... only wish there was a single source of ethanol free around here.

I use the 1 gallon pouch for all my ratios, no need to label anything.