2 stroke engines and operator health

/ 2 stroke engines and operator health #11  
You realize that people have been operating 2-stroke motorcycles, boats, trimmers, chainsaws, etc for DECADES with no health issues, right? Been riding 2st motorcycles myself for 39yrs with no issues......you're over thinking it.

Agree, way over the top. think of cutting the butt of nice saw log after digging the snow out so you could have room for the saw.

But better, remember the line up of 40 MX bikes and riders waiting for the 30 second board to drop. The smell of Castrol in the air get's my blood rolling!

Mostly, it's not the smoke that harms you It's the NOx from lean burn four cycles that kills a fellow.

/ 2 stroke engines and operator health #12  
When you're riding a bike, or driving a boat, or using trimmers, etc... you're usually moving away from the exhaust or its being directed away from you. The OP is worried about walking behind the motor for hours on end. Personally, I'd think there wouldn't be much of a problem. I have read many folks here on discussions about tractor exhausts that are mounted low VS high through the hood and getting a snoot full of exhaust, so it may be a valid concern for a walk-behind, too.

/ 2 stroke engines and operator health #13  
I would consider extending the exhaust out and away from you. Weld on a piece of pipe and maybe a bracket to stiffen it up.

DEWFPO

/ 2 stroke engines and operator health #14  
And be sure to only operate your machine in favorable winds.

Of course that means you can only go one way and not return unless it's a strictly cross wind