How much gear oil

/ How much gear oil #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
I just bought a brush hog used and after I got it home I checked the gear oil and glad I did it was low so my question how much gear oil do I put in?

/ How much gear oil #2  
The gearbox likely has two plugs -- one on the top and one on the side. Fill the gearbox from the top plug hole until the oil begins to come out of the plug hole on the side.

Steve

Last edited:
   / How much gear oil
Just had time to look and there no other hole on the gear box. I can't tell you the make there nothing on it.

/ How much gear oil #5  
Post a photo of the gearbox and cutter. Someone may recognize it.

Steve

/ How much gear oil
I can't II'm using my phone a S4 for the Internet and I can't post pics.

/ How much gear oil #7  
Fill it up until you know the gears are bathed with oil when running. It doesn't have to be brim full.

/ How much gear oil
I put more in but I won't fill like a trucks differential .

/ How much gear oil #9  
if you put too much the top plug should have a breather and it will puke out anything over the level it should be at.

Use a bright LED flashlight and look down into it and fill with fluid till the gears are covered about halfway. Usually is about halfway up the box.

And yes you can post pics with a phone.....well they redid the site and come to think of it since then I don't know if I have gotten them from the phone to the net? If you use the app I know you can.

/ How much gear oil
I thought I could post a pic. With tap talk but the pic.limet is to small they give so my pic. Won't go thru!. But I put enough in to cover the gears.