Diesel Additive

/ Diesel Additive #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Which diesel additive should I use? I have a compact utility tractor that goes through a couple tanks of fuel in the summer then usually sits most of the winter. I like to keep something in the fuel because I have no idea when the fuel might sit around for awhile. I also keep a 5gal can full so I don't have to run out and get some at the last minute.

/ Diesel Additive #3  
Which diesel additive should I use? I have a compact utility tractor that goes through a couple tanks of fuel in the summer then usually sits most of the winter. I like to keep something in the fuel because I have no idea when the fuel might sit around for awhile. I also keep a 5gal can full so I don't have to run out and get some at the last minute.

No need for soccery, potions and witchcraft . Maybe some IPA to absorb condensed moisture .

/ Diesel Additive #4  
Here is what i use. You can buy it at Lowes, any auto parts store,etc. I put 1 oz of treatment in my 5 gal. cans when i fill them up. I run it year round.

Howes Lubricator
Howes Lubricator
Howes Lubricator, the leader in Heavy duty Diesel Fuel Additives

/ Diesel Additive #5  
I use Power Service White Bottle in winter, Gray bottle in Summer and a Red bottle of 911 just in case.

/ Diesel Additive #6  
I use Powerservice year round;you are aware that the winter fuel is different than summer.

/ Diesel Additive #8  
I use Stanadyne. I can't tell you that it makes a difference. When I researched it, it was supposed to be one of the ones rated above snake oil...
16oz treats 60 gallons. I bought a case. Looks like I will be a long term customer.

/ Diesel Additive #9  
Had my fuel jell when it got real cold one winter using Howes ( with winter fuel )so quit using anything until I had an injector pump seize and the repair shop told me to use Stanadyne so that's what I've been doing for the last 10 years. Seems power service has good reviews as well. Winter fuel here is straight kerosene and hard on pumps without some lubricity. Myself I only use summer fuel for many years with an additive no problems and more power noticeable when roading the back hoe a couple 100 more rpm.

/ Diesel Additive #10  
Good! Glad to hear someone else using it. It takes up space on my office floor in the winter since it is supposed to be stored above 32 degrees.