1966 Case D530 tc CK

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK #1  

southernbound

Bronze Member
Tractor
D530TC
Hi folks- I've searched but get confused on this subject. I obviously need to drain my diff fluid/trans.lol. The boot over shifter was off. Hopefully thats were the moisture is coming from.

My question is..Manual calls for 80-90 gear oil.. Alot of ppl run same type of hydro fluid in both.. I want to do this as well. Is the travellers premium universal stuff rated to replace case hytran a good substitute? I really dont wanna go cheap, it's just the closest IH case dealer is 1.5 hrs.

That being said..This is my house tractor. It's barely used. If it snows, I'm pushing a 2 car driveway, light lanscaping/digging holes. Currently getting ready to build a pole barn so this tractor will be getting used a bit...I just want a good substitute to put into trans/diff.

The reason I'd like to use same fluid is I'm not sure if some of this milky discoloring is cross contamination either.

Attachments

• D 530 TC.jpg
    D 530 TC.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 455
  • trans2.jpg
    trans2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 522
   / 1966 Case D530 tc CK
Forgot to mention that the machine seems to be loosing power to rear wheels (no real pushing power) Its ok when barely used but once warmed it doesnt have much. I assume its because of this nasty looking fluid..

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK
I could be completely wrong about all of this btw since I'm new to tractors..lol

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK
I decided to remove cover. I just couldnt handle knowing if I got all the sludge or if there were broken pieces in there... I'll begin flushing/cleaning with diesel fuel tomorrow.

Attachments

• trans cover.jpg
    trans cover.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 329
   / 1966 Case D530 tc CK
Of course removing cover was a challenge.Grinding off bolt heads that were on there for the last 50 or so yrs :D

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK #6  
I have a very similar machine (late 60's 530 construction king backhoe). Do you have a tourque converter model? If so, how is your clutch pressure? I run 90 weight in the rear end and cheap hydraulic fluid in the torque convertor.

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK #7  
Looks fairly clean considering all the entrained water in the oil.

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK
Yes its a TC model. My pressure is lousy...My next goal is to drain that. Not sure if I'm going to buy the case hytran stuff for that. I dont have a case dealer near me. I'd ideally like to run the premium travellers in it cause its convinient and states its rated for case replacement but idk. I did buy 80-90 for the rear. As soon as I finish flushing it out I'll fill it. Is there any adjustments I can make to the TC without splitting the tractor?

/ 1966 Case D530 tc CK
Are these tractors possi rear? I dont seem to have a differential lock i dont think. does anyone have a pic of where theirs is located?

Last edited: