IH B2275 fluids

/ IH B2275 fluids #1  

vedur

Tractor
1983 T-40AM
Hello!

I recently acquired an International Harvester B2275 loader-backhoe of unknown manufacturing year (S/N: 800). Due to age many of the hydraulic lines have deteriorated and need to be replaced. I have already drained the hydraulic fluid and I'm getting the custom made hoses tomorrow. I want to refill the system with fresh fluid as well but I am unable to find any information about the fluid my machine takes. I do have the service manual for a B275 on which my B2275 is based on and it says that hydraulic system should be filled with HyTran fluid. Unfortunately I have no Case or New Holland dealerships within an hours drive from my home. I have done some research and found that Low Temp HyTran (which I want because the loader will be used in the winter) is roughly equivalent to ISO 32 hydraulic fluid (or SAE 10W engine oil). I do have an industrial chemicals supplier near me who does have ISO 32 HLP and HLVP oils in stock and the price is acceptable. The old fluid was pinkish-red.

Is ISO 32 HLP oil a good substitute for Low Temp HyTran?

Also, I would like to replace oil in the transmission too and it also calls for HyTran but I am a bit skeptical about using hydraulic oil in a transmission but then again I have had manual transmission cars that have called for ATF instead... Is hydraulic oil acceptable in a transmission?