Pay at the Pump With Cash

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #1  

lostcause

Platinum Member
So, how many of you are seeing pumps in your area where you can insert green, foldable dead presidents and get fuel? In the last month I've been to two places with them, and I have to say I love the convenience. I will admit that I live in a rural area and there's not a lot of newly upgraded stations, so it's likely to be limited use for me. Last year I got hit with multiple credit card breaches, and in trying to thin down the chance of this happening again, I went to cash for fuel since there were a lot of reports of pay at the pump with credit being an easy target. This got to be a little tedious with going in to pay, coming out to pump, and then going back for change. It was even more so when I was driving my GM crew 6.0 at ~100 miles a day - the 2.8 looks to cut that issue in half at least, though I dunno if there is or will be much cash at the pump for diesel.

As much as I like the convenience I'm waiting for the news story of some half-wit wrapping a chain around the pump and dragging it off like you used to see with ATMs. I guess I will enjoy it while I can.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #2  
I JUST added ATM rings to my loader bucket,,, will they work on a gas pump??:confused2:

D7K_6437_zpsoxk5hmjz.jpg

:laughing:

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash
I JUST added ATM rings to my loader bucket,,, will they work on a gas pump??:confused2:

:laughing:

Should do the job just fine. I'm thinking your getaway time may need a little improvement though.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #4  
So, how many of you are seeing pumps in your area where you can insert green, foldable dead presidents and get fuel? In the last month I've been to two places with them, and I have to say I love the convenience. I will admit that I live in a rural area and there's not a lot of newly upgraded stations, so it's likely to be limited use for me. Last year I got hit with multiple credit card breaches, and in trying to thin down the chance of this happening again, I went to cash for fuel since there were a lot of reports of pay at the pump with credit being an easy target. This got to be a little tedious with going in to pay, coming out to pump, and then going back for change. It was even more so when I was driving my GM crew 6.0 at ~100 miles a day - the 2.8 looks to cut that issue in half at least, though I dunno if there is or will be much cash at the pump for diesel.

As much as I like the convenience I'm waiting for the news story of some half-wit wrapping a chain around the pump and dragging it off like you used to see with ATMs. I guess I will enjoy it while I can.

Haven't noticed any in Texas from Austin to Houston-Galveston to San Antonio.

TBS

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #5  
I haven't ever seen one. A brand new Weigel's just opened up and they don't have this luxury. They have the cheapest fuel in town so I won't complain. I do pay with cash.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #6  
Back to the days when you pumped the fuel and then went in and paid for it. I've not seen anything like what you have around here in Ea WA.

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #7  
I haven't seen any South of San Antonio. I pay with cash but have to go inside. I started paying in cash after they discovered a lot of CC Skimmers mounted to gas pumps in SA. I always thought I could spot one but apparently they're getting smaller and/or well camouflaged. The news said numerous stations all over town were found to have them after a lot of customers complained of extra CC charges. Haven't heard any more about in a couple of months or so.

A few of years ago, there was a rash of counterfeit $10 and $20 bills hitting the stores in Lytle. I think they finally caught those people though. Had everybody in town carrying around those mark detecting pens. Even the local banks and stores had them on the counters for you to check your money. Nobody trusted any cash there for a while. :)

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #8  
everywhere around here is pump gas then pay.
Guess we have more honest people around these parts.

Reminds me of the time was in So. Dak. Had to get gas. Small town nearby had only one station and it was closed on the Sat. afternoon we were there.
Went across the street to a small grocery store to ask where the next nearest station was.
Lady behind the counter said "it don't matter that hes closed, the pumps are still on. Just slide you money thru the mail slot on the door."
Sure enough the pumps were on, we filled up and slid our cash thru the front door. On the floor you could see a pile of cash from previous purchases.
Love small town America!!

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #9  
Here in our small town you still pump gas or diesel first then go in and pay

/ Pay at the Pump With Cash #10  
pay inside here in florida with cash first,,some place charges 5 cents more per gallon if using a credit card