Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic with PurePlus Technology 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil Ecobox
HERE

Might be a price mistake but worth the try.

/edit
Got almost instant email confirmation
We have processed your pick up in store order and have it ready for you. You can come to your Pep Boys store to pick up your order during regular business hours. Please note that your order will be available for 24 hours from the time you have received this email. After 8 days all orders that haven't been picked up will be subject to cancellation.
Items Purchased

Description
Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic with PurePlus Technology 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil Ecobox

Qty Price Total
10 $6.99 $69.90
Subtotal: $69.90
GOVERNMENT IMPOSED FEES: $0.00
TAX: $4.19
Figure 60 gallons will last a while. But it will probably get denied.

/edit 2 and now some people are writing of orders getting cancelled. Oh well, it was worth a try :)

Last edited:
   / Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #2  
Sure worth a shot

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #3  
Did you pay for it online, or opt for in store pay? Would be a lot harder to deny it when it was already paid for.

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #4  
I just ordered 4 and Pep is just across the street from work... should know Monday.

Amazon has a 3 pack of 1.25 gallon jugs for $96

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #5  
I wonder if that was supposed to mean $6.99/gal?

Let us know how it works out

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #6  
I wonder if that was supposed to mean $6.99/gal?

Let us know how it works out
Still cheap. ... Unless it turns back into natural gas when it heats up. :confused3:

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #7  
The ecobox is a 24 quart cardboard box with a tapper like valve for a plastic bladder inside the box.
Major oil distributors have been offering these for several years for repair shops.
They loan the shop a two level rack which holds 6 ecoboxes as well as 6 5-8 quart measures for dispensing that takes about the same room as a 55 gallon drum.
Some retail customers like it as well,without the rack.
Brands I've seen available are Quaker State,Penzoil,Shell,and Service Pro.
Our store sells Service Pro with great results!

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #8  
Brands I've seen available are Quaker State,Penzoil,Shell,and Service Pro.
Our store sells Service Pro with great results!

Any thoughts regarding the $7 price?

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #9  
Maybe for a quart?

/ Pep Boys, 6 GALLONS 5W-30 $7 #10  
The link 404's now. I had one in my shopping cart from yesterday and it came up a minute ago, but when I removed it the page went away. Thought we had a Pep Boys in Salem, seems I remember driving by it but according to their store finder we have none in Oregon.
It had to be a big error on someone's part, people would be buying it to use for bar oil as it was priced cheaper than dino oil in the 70's. Good luck to everyone who paid online and show up with their paperwork tomorrow.