Oil Change - Spring or Fall?

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #31  
Something to be said fo changing the oil "when you have the time". I can see right now; a situation where, in the springtime, a job becomes "important" and "I'll change the oil right after that."

In the winter is a good time to get things done. Especially before putting an item in storage where you CANT get to it until its needed (immediately).

Most times, probably 90%, I grease and maintain an attachment when I park it. I know how I am about that "immediately" thing. Putting off maintenance is always expensive. :)

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #32  
I do most in the fall, like to put it away knowing it has fresh in it for storage. Change oil in tractor in fall because of snow removal,nice knowing
there is fresh oil in there when running engine at max pto rpm speed.
I change the oil in my whole house generator in the spring, like to know there is fresh oil in there when it is 95 degrees outside and the power is out.

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #33  
Fall. I don't want dirty contaminated oil in all layup.

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #34  
good idea, been doing that lately. (along w/maintenance log) i usually go by hrs, not calendar... so on black filters (on most of my mowers, etc) how do you mark? on white duct? just asking :)
White filters black maker,black filter duct tape than black marker.

Ask a way. :thumbsup:

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #35  
The old Farmall C started leaking oil from several tiny pinholes in the oil pan. I attributed this to old engine oil sitting in the pan over the winter for most of its life. Now I change the oil after my last mowing session in the fall, usually late September. The fleet of automobiles in my care get their oil changed and tires rotated November and May.

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #36  
White filters black maker,black filter duct tape than black marker.

Ask a way. :thumbsup:

Yellow paint marker for me!

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #37  
On my garden tractor I usually drain the oil in the fall (after burning off the last of the gas), leave it empty over winter and fill with oil in the spring.

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #38  
On my garden tractor I usually drain the oil in the fall (after burning off the last of the gas), leave it empty over winter and fill with oil in the spring.
You are a brave man! My luck is my neighbor or wife would surprise me by mowing my yard while I was at work or something and blow it up.

/ Oil Change - Spring or Fall? #39  
You are a brave man! My luck is my neighbor or wife would surprise me by mowing my yard while I was at work or something and blow it up.

This would be my luck too. When I change oil on equipment I take the key with me
so no one will be able to drive it. I like to let as much old oil drain out as possible until it
quits dripping.