Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue?

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #11  
Why would anyone want to pay for something that supposedly increases storage time when it will last 50+ years in as refined state.

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #12  
   / Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #13  
Yep. Especially handy for an OCD tractor owner. Treat it. Eliminate the worry. :)

Guilty as charged!!! As a side bar I heard a guy describe it as OCA recently- Obsessive Compulsive ADVANTAGE!!

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #14  
So does it sound like everything is okay?

Add an extra dose of Stanadyne to the tractor tank since it's going into storage? Or leave it be?

No, you should immediately plan on burning it up. Work that tractor! Get some seat time in!

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue?
If I had a backhoe for my B3200, I'd be getting some good seat time. I have a project that I need to take 2 feet off the dam of my pond, but I don't feel that my light weight B3200 and my 72" blade will be able to drag the soil, especially with it being muddy out AND likely hitting clay.

If I had a backhoe, I could put some hours in and dig it down, but hard to justify the $7500 for that attachment!

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #16  
You need a pull type scraper that scrapes up the dirt and hauls it.

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #17  
Sounds like normal on road diesel to me. I get 250 gallons of diesel delivered and even with it several years old I have no signs of algae. Diesel will rest in generator tanks for 10+ years without problem either. Your batches are small enough that it's pretty much impossible for there to be algae. Treat the fuel if you want, but to me it's wasted money.

/ Diesel Newbie - Algae Issue? #18  
Sounds like normal on road diesel to me. I get 250 gallons of diesel delivered and even with it several years old I have no signs of algae. Diesel will rest in generator tanks for 10+ years without problem either. Your batches are small enough that it's pretty much impossible for there to be algae. Treat the fuel if you want, but to me it's wasted money.

It's kinda like getting stuck in the mud or snow. If only I could just go back a few seconds and make a different decision.

Once you get algae, you never want it again. Watched my Brother deal with it twice. First time it was in his storage tank. He contaminated every diesel engine he had. Second time it showed up in a tractor that he bought at a farm sale.