CK4 diesel oil spec

/ CK4 diesel oil spec #2  
Ford seems to be the only OEM that seems to have issues with CK-4. And they are pretty late to the game. The local Mack dealership near me, their bulk stock has been CK-4 since early last fall. Every brand of truck engine (CAT, Detroit, Cummins, Volvo/Mack, Paccar) has have several oil changes each there and not a single oil related issue. Considering that the almost 3 million heavy commercial trucks that run around America daily use more motor oil that Ford could even contemplate, if there was going to be an issue it would have showed up. And all of the heavy commercial engine OEM's have endorsed CK-4. Many legacy engines from the '90's are using CK-4 oils just fine. Was at a Mack dealership near me and there was a truck there getting it's 4th oil change on CK-4.... a Cat 3406E. Now that is a legacy engine if there ever was one. Either Ford is making an inferior product, and that cold be the issue, or they are just playing a whining game.

ZDDP is not the only substance that can prevent valve train wear. Moly, Titanium, Boron are others. ZDDP is just a carry over from oil formulations of days gone by. While the oil blenders are staying pretty mum about what they are using in lieu of lower ZDDP, there is no evidence that it is not working just fine. CK-4 requirements are that it must prevent a substantial amount of wear over CJ-4, and many of the oil blenders are making claims of over 70% less wear compared to CJ-4 oils.

/ CK4 diesel oil spec #3  
Update:

Just got results back from using Delvac Extreme 10w30 CK-4 in a Detroit 60 engine with 658,297 miles on it (after the factory reman) and 20,056 miles on the oil. I think that CK-4 is more than up to the task of protecting things......

Screenshot 2017-03-13_23-09-59.jpg

Screenshot 2017-03-13_23-10-31.jpg