Additive for ULSD gas...

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #1  

jimnor46

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
Anyone have any recommendations for an additive for ULSD gas. From an article that I read it seems that the low sulfur content allows microbes to grow in the fuel tanks and that is what is causing the problem. I'm not really crazy about the idea of having to drain the fuel tank after every time I use it so if anyone knows of an additive to cure this problem I would appreciate it.

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #2  
If you're talking about ULSD you can buy biocides to kill the fungus and microbes. Check with heavy truck equipment shops or farm dealerships.

/ Additive for ULSD gas...
If you're talking about ULSD you can buy biocides to kill the fungus and microbes. Check with heavy truck equipment shops or farm dealerships.

Thanks, I'll give them a try...

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #4  
What "problems"? If you use the tractor once a year I could see microbe growth being an issue.

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #5  
Anyone have any recommendations for an additive for ULSD gas. From an article that I read it seems that the low sulfur content allows microbes to grow in the fuel tanks and that is what is causing the problem. I'm not really crazy about the idea of having to drain the fuel tank after every time I use it so if anyone knows of an additive to cure this problem I would appreciate it.

ULSD is Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. For gas, I gather you mean gasoline?
For diesel engines, I use Power Service. For gasoline engines, I use StaBil.
hugs, Brandi

ULSD is Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. For gas, I gather you mean gasoline?
For diesel engines, I use Power Service. For gasoline engines, I use StaBil.
hugs, Brandi

I wanted some recommendations for a diesel additive, got the gasoline thing taken care of.

I'll give the Power Service a try...if I can find it around here. Thanks for the recommend.

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #7  
I wanted some recommendations for a diesel additive, got the gasoline thing taken care of.

I'll give the Power Service a try...if I can find it around here. Thanks for the recommend.

I buy Power Service at Walmart.
hugs, Brandi

/ Additive for ULSD gas... #9  
I use Power Service white bottle year round but mainly to prevent fuel gelling in winter. i doubt you have to worry about that in Texas.

I use Power Service white bottle year round but mainly to prevent fuel gelling in winter. i doubt you have to worry about that in Texas.

Nope, no problems with the fuel gelling down here. I've only got 30 hrs. run time on a 2 yr old tractor and it sometimes sits up for extended periods of time. Wasn't even aware that "microbes " could grow and cause problems in diesel fuel until I had a problem with the tractor not running right. Started a thread on my problem down in the Mahindra forum and from my description of the problem the general consensus of the responses that I got was that I was having a fuel issue. This is the first time I've run a tractor in over 50 years and back then microbes growing in the fuel was unheard of. I was given a link, on another website, to a study about the problems that ULSD was causing and thought I had better do something as this may very well be my problem because I use the tractor so little. Was just checking here on TBN to get some ideas from people that may have had this problem also. Got some good responses from the good people on here and now I'm gonna give them a try.

Thanks again to everyone who has responded and offered help/advice.