skylarkguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372, Ford NAA
Saw this on a pressure washer in a big box store... 1496005175415.jpg

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #2  
Sounds to good to believe. :confused3:

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #3  
Something else will probably break before the oil filters completely clog.
Regardless, it'll be junk before long...

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #4  
I had a tenant that bought a brand new Toyota Corolla FX 16 valve???

She never changed the oil... when the oil light would blink she added a quart.

At 55,000 miles she lost her job and Toyota Credit picked up the car... it was 3 years old and never had the oil changed, the rotors were gouged from metal to metal and about the only thing she did buy was gas and tires when they failed...

This is when I knew Toyota built good cars...

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #5  
the science behind it is, from the add mark to the full mark replaces 20% of the oil volume, and that is sufficient to replenish the additive package in the oil, coupled with the fact that most people don't change their oil on a regular bases, if at all. The engine is rated for 125 hours of operation which for the average person equates to like 10-12 years of operation.

The catch is the spark plug and air filter have to be serviced on a regular basis to prevent oil contamination. The problem is the people that don't change their oil, also don't service the air cleaner or spark plug.

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #6  
Participating here means you likely work on your own equipment and value it being in proper running order. For many people, though, and that includes my father-in-law that had four "dead" mowers in the back yard when I met him maintaining equipment falls out of their aptitude and interest. They may only be acknowledging the practice of many. If you don't overheat the oil and the fill oil is additive-rich it probably doesn't much matter.

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #7  
Back before I got married, my now wife and I bought a townhouse. The "yard" was 40x20. I got a push mower that year to keep it down for the little Yorkie my wife had. We moved out 2 years later and into a house with a half acre lot that I push mowed for another 8 years. For 2 years cutting the grass was at most 20 minutes. 8 years it was about 2 hours. Never once changed the oil, air cleaner, or spark plug or even put fuel stabilizer in the tank over the winter. It was a bolens that was not self propelled. Ran like a champ and started in no more than 2 pulls every time. I left it behind when I built my current house. Now that I'm on 5.5 acres and have a tractor the oil gets changed, air filter replaced and spark plugs gapped and replaced well before the recommended service interval. I think my brain has realized that the cost of a push mower does not equal the cost of an engine for a tractor as far as price. I did treat it as "throw away".

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #8  
Gas pressure washers tend to contaminate the sump with water.

Aside from the usual reasons to change, you obviously want the water out.

The upside is the consumer may never have to add any oil, as they automatically get Make Up Water !

Keeps factories running, somewhere on the planet....

Rgds, D.

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #9  
   / Um what?...Never change the oil? #10  
Gas pressure washers tend to contaminate the sump with water.

Aside from the usual reasons to change, you obviously want the water out.

The upside is the consumer may never have to add any oil, as they automatically get Make Up Water !

Keeps factories running, somewhere on the planet....

Rgds, D.

They may get water contamination, but I can guarantee the water isn't coming from the pump, unless the owner is spraying the water on the engine and pump. That water directly from the pump would have to cross a seal, a weep hole, another seal, pump oil, another seal, another weep hole and another seal to get into the engine.