priming a 79 580 C

/ priming a 79 580 C #1  

Marchetti

Tractor
1979 Case 580 C
Ok Guys
Lots of answers..
I replaced the two fuel filters, not even thinking about air in the system... I know, My bad..
I can see how a person could fill the lower filter full and screw it on but the upper?? WTH? I don't think these new filters have bleed screws. the old ones did.. They looked old too. If they do NOT have bleed screws, Where do I start? I was told they where the correct ones.
At the connection to the pump?
Should I try to lightly pressurize the system at the tank?
Crack all the injectors? Which look pretty rusty...
Put and electric fuel pump on after the filters.. I have one. That might work.
CAll a frikkin Mechanic and be embarrassed!!!

HELP!!!
All of the above? There is no wobble pump that I have read about. BTW it ran well before I started messing with it. IDIOT
Thanks DAN

/ priming a 79 580 C #2  
What did you do? No ideas here. I rarely change fuel filters but have been thinking about doing it. Maybe you should also post in the construction equipment forum down at the bottow of the forum list ; it's under the heading: "Related Equipment" I think.
rScotty

/ priming a 79 580 C #3  
Get yourself a squirt bottle and put some diesel in it. Spray some into the air filter to get it started and then keep spraying it in to keep the engine going. That's what I had to do with my Case dozer after everything else didn't work. I would remove and fill any filter that you can (both of them on my 580k can be filled before installing).