Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #1  

Avondale

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 and Kioti NX6010
Good Morning. Anyone have any good ideas about cleaning spilled diesel off gravel driveways?
Thanks, Bob

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #2  
Absorbent pads are made for fuel spills. Contact your local fire department on where to obtain, how to use and where to dispose.

Kitty litter could be used. There is still the concern regarding disposal.

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #4  
Jeeze - Rick, your idea just makes too much common sense. Ha,ha

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #5  
Simple Green. Before I'd tried it I thought it was a scam. Dilute it and put it in a sprayer. It'll break the diesel down and rain will wash the residue away if you're willing to wait.

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway
Simple Green. Before I'd tried it I thought it was a scam. Dilute it and put it in a sprayer. It'll break the diesel down and rain will wash the residue away if you're willing to wait.

Thank You

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #7  
For any oily rags, I just burn them.

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #8  
I bet the simple green will do fine but Ricks recommendation was the one that I got the laugh off of. Rick, does that work with dungarees also?

Dan, any idea if simple green will work on clothes? Diesel smell has to be near impossible to wash out of clothes for us

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #9  
Just leave it be, the sun will remove it to where you will never notice it. You did say gravel, right?

/ Cleaning spilled fuel off driveway #10  
Either burn it off immediately or just leave it be and it will keep the dust settled. You didn't say how much fuel is involved? If it is a cup full, just leave it be, if a gallon or more, better try burning it off. I think I would rather keep it together in one spot rather than mix it with soap and have it spread over a larger area.

There are some microbes that eat hydro-carbons but I have no idea where a homeowner could purchase them. Might try to Google it and keep some on hand for the next spill.