Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel

/ Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel #1  

Cathy777

Tractor
1989 Ford 4610 Diesel
I need to replace the fuel filters on my 1989 ford 4610 diesel tractor. I can see the part number on the filter on the right but the part number has worn off the filter on the left. I was told that they are different filters with different parts numbers and that the filter on the left is to filter out water and larger particles and the one on the right is to filter smaller particles.. I have been searching online for hours trying to find out what filter I should get for the one on the left and have not been able to find it. Is there anyone here that can help me with that?
View attachment 523412

View attachment 523413

I have an owners manual but it doesn't have the parts listed. It really doesn't cover much except how to operate the tractor.

Last edited:
   / Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel #2  
I don't know for sure what is commonly done with that setup (same or different filters).

This ebay ad shows the same filters used - maybe that CAV # may help ?

New Fuel Filter (Twin) CAV Type Assembly MASSEY FORD CASEIH JOHN DEERE | eBay

If you are lucky enough to have a New Holland dealer nearby (esp. if they've had the line a long time), stop by and ask.

Also try posting in the New Holland/Ford sub-section here, somebody there may know exact #'s.

Rgds, D.

/ Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel
Thank you for your replies. I checked the ebay site and it was helpful. They sell some of those filters in two packs, so they should be the same. I have found a Ford Tractor dealership nearby and I am going to talk with them later today as well. and I will be checking out the New Holland/ Ford forum, thanks for directing me there. Have a great day!

/ Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel
A quick update, I spoke with a Ford/New Holland Dealer today and they verified that the double filter system uses the two same filters. I then went to the Wix filters site and put in my specific tractor info and found exactly the fuel filters I need. I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your input.

/ Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel #6  
The filter is a CAV7111/296 or the equivalent. I think the Baldwin # is BF825.

/ Double Fuel Filters 1989 Ford 4610 Diesel #7  
Good to hear that worked out.

I like the search engine Wix has, and they have pretty broad coverage for Ag and Industrial applications - good choice.

If you don't know the history, consider doing the hydraulic filter sooner rather than later too...... hydraulic fluid and coolant are two things on tractors that often get neglected/never changed.

Rgds, D.