Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
   / Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #2  
I thought you could not use a galvanized can to store diesel fuel in?

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #3  
   / Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #4  
Where did you get that idea?

Galvanizing done with zinc, diesel has sulfur in it, sulfur reacts with zinc, banned in California, zinc sulfide labeled a carcinogen if you drink 2 gals or more a day of diesel fuel while taking anti-acids. Next question ?

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon
Galvanizing done with zinc, diesel has sulfur in it, sulfur reacts with zinc, banned in California, zinc sulfide labeled a carcinogen if you drink 2 gals or more a day of diesel fuel while taking anti-acids. Next question ?
I try to never drink more than 1 gallon per day of diesel.

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #6  
I heard a rumor that you can get metal diesel cans for not much over $30 on Zoro...

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #7  
Actually the diesel dissolves the zinc coating, and it ends up clogging fuel filters and trashing your injectors. I do use a galvanized funnel just to pour the diesel into the tractors, but I would not store diesel in a galvanized tank or can. My new favorites are the NoSpill cans with push button control. I have seen them in red, blue, and yellow.

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #8  
Gas Can.jpg

I like the longevity of these cheapo gas cans with nothing to break off. I had and still have about 8 of them for 30 years and are still going strong. Anything with fancy nozzles that I owned last about a year and then can't get the nozzles. The only thing that breaks on these is the plastic tab that hold the tip to the spout, but a hose clamp keeps them attached nicely.

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #9  
From my JD manual:

galvanize-warning.jpg

/ Justrite 5gal cans for $46 on Amazon #10  
I switched to the "Tuff Jug". Solved all my fuel can problems.