Current Deals & Steals

/ Current Deals & Steals #11  
That Mobil Delvac 1 ESP full synthetic with a $60 :eek: rebate is a great deal. I have never used it but it's on my list and for the $110 or so retail price minus the rebate, how can you go wrong? Plus, lots of farm stores are giving 10% off for holiday shoppers so that price is even better.

Hello,

Didn't see a thread for current deals and steals, so hopefully this is not a duplicate of another.

Ran across this current deal for Mobil Delvac enging oil:

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP or Mobil Delvac 1 LE: (synthetic)
$60 rebate with purchase of a 5-gallon pail
$12 rebate with purchase of a 1-gallon jug

Mobil Delvac 1300 Super or Mobil Delvac Extreme:
$35 rebate with purchase of a 5-gallon pail
7 rebate with purchase of a 1-gallon jug

Diesel Engine Oil Coupon | Mobil™ Motor Oils

Looks to be good until Dec 31, 2017. Just make sure you purchase it from one of the listed retailers.

/ Current Deals & Steals #12  
Here is a link for the splitter

Woods Log Splitter

No local AG dealers listed for my location but lots of commercial ones...

/ Current Deals & Steals #13  
I went ahead and ordered the Woods 27 ton log splitter with the Kohler engine. I have no idea if that engine is junk or not, but I would like to think that buying Woods brand is higher quality than a lot of the similar products out there. The engine is not labeled as a Courage or a Command. I hope that it is AT LEAST as good as the Courage line.... Better would be... well... better. $950 cash. I think it's a $1200-$1300 MSRP splitter normally.

/ Current Deals & Steals #14  
Did you order local?

I let several friends know that borrow mine but none seemed motivated to buy???

/ Current Deals & Steals #15  
RC, that looks like a nice splitter at a nice price. Buy that table or build one yourself to save a lot of work picking up the half that falls off. Also, be aware it says towable at 45MPH. I've seen guys towing a log splitter too fast, they have no springs, so when it hits a bump it bounces. Friend had his actually flip and ruined the engine. Don't tow very far or very fast, use a trailer.

/ Current Deals & Steals #16  
Did you order local?

I let several friends know that borrow mine but none seemed motivated to buy???

Local fellow at a Massey Ferguson dealer that is a stocking Woods dealer. $950 with tax if no credit card. I also am getting that Titan 48" box blade from him. He doesn't have the 4 way splitter attachment on hand, but he ordered it in.

RC, that looks like a nice splitter at a nice price. Buy that table or build one yourself to save a lot of work picking up the half that falls off. Also, be aware it says towable at 45MPH. I've seen guys towing a log splitter too fast, they have no springs, so when it hits a bump it bounces. Friend had his actually flip and ruined the engine. Don't tow very far or very fast, use a trailer.

I don't really plant to tow it, I have a pickup truck and small utility trailer, so I would trailer it if I wanted to take it for a ride off of my property.

It will likely get towed by the Kubota or Rhino it's whole life.

/ Current Deals & Steals #17  
Local fellow at a Massey Ferguson dealer that is a stocking Woods dealer. $950 with tax if no credit card. I also am getting that Titan 48" box blade from him. He doesn't have the 4 way splitter attachment on hand, but he ordered it in.

How can you go wrong... sounds like a good value and a must if you have a wood lot and heat with wood.

I paid $600 used for my splitter about 10 years ago... 22 ton.

/ Current Deals & Steals #18  
After spending a few hours with this thing, I am sad over one point.... I am sad that I did not buy one 20 years ago! Why I put myself through splitting by hand/ax when I could have done 5 times the product with 1/10th the pain and time! I must be an idiot! This is freaking awesome! This is a game changer. I can process a years worth of wood in a few weekends with this. And I am talking about for the house, my wife's family camp up north, and the camp area on our property.

There will be wood for all! Fires-A-plenty!
Beer will flow, wood will burn and good times will be had by all!

Attachments

• Turner Tractor.jpg
    Turner Tractor.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • hino hauling the load.jpg
    hino hauling the load.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • First pile split.jpeg
    First pile split.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 112
   / Current Deals & Steals #19  
I thought for sure I would drum up a couple of Woods Sales... the price is right and the size is right.

Thought about buying one just because but my 22 ton has done all I have asked.

Nothing like having a satisfied customer and having the tool to do the job is a great feeling.

/ Current Deals & Steals #20  
The best thing is having a friend that has a log splitter... I have a hard time justifying one just for my own use. Kind a like my post hole digger that I share with 4 other people. I have access to a bulldozer, 3ph backhoes, big and small, tiller if I need it (paid half but I don't use it). Beside I would hate to see all that stuff just sitting around and not being used!!!