Current Deals & Steals

/ Current Deals & Steals #21  
Hello,

Didn't see a thread for current deals and steals, so hopefully this is not a duplicate of another.

Ran across this current deal for Mobil Delvac enging oil:

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP or Mobil Delvac 1 LE: (synthetic)
$60 rebate with purchase of a 5-gallon pail
$12 rebate with purchase of a 1-gallon jug

Mobil Delvac 1300 Super or Mobil Delvac Extreme:
$35 rebate with purchase of a 5-gallon pail
7 rebate with purchase of a 1-gallon jug

Diesel Engine Oil Coupon | Mobil™ Motor Oils

Looks to be good until Dec 31, 2017. Just make sure you purchase it from one of the listed retailers.

In Nov. I went to NAPA and they wanted 88+tax for 5 gallons of 1300. I then went to Reillys and got 2 five gallon buckets for 55-60 each.e
I came home, filled out and copied the paperwork and mailed it in for the $70 rebate. I finally got sick of waiting ANd checked the status, and thy never received it.

Luckily I copied everything so with a week to go before it was to late,
i did everything over the internet. My $70 came a few days ago, so now I am a happy camper with enough cheap oil for a year or two.

/ Current Deals & Steals #22  
I came home, filled out and copied the paperwork and mailed it in for the $70 rebate. I finally got sick of waiting ANd checked the status, and thy never received it.

Luckily I copied everything so with a week to go before it was to late,
i did everything over the internet.

Do you know how many times this has happened to me as well when doing rebates. Even Discount Tire. They claim they never got the paperwork, I didn't qualify (even though I did), or the paperwork wasn't filled out correctly. Those were all excuses. I think it's a ploy to avoid paying out. Everytime I resubmitted the EXACT same paperwork they paid off. Go figure.

DEWFPO

/ Current Deals & Steals #23  
^^^Similar to medical insurance claims...

Deny the first submittal and a given percentage will simply go away.

/ Current Deals & Steals #24  
Does anyone know of a DEAL on LED lights??
I'm at the point now in my shop build where I need lights installed..
Looking for 4500 Lumen, chainable shop lights.. about 6-8-10 lights total.. 6 for sure but if the DEAL is right, I'll go to 10..
Gonna hang 3 on each side of the roof line..6 total on ceiling.. chaining 3 together on each run.
BEST I could find is 25.00-27.00 from Rural King..
Last Black Friday/Thanksgiving sale, they were 19.99.. but just when I was about to pull the trigger, up pops.. OUT OF STOCK.. dang it..

/ Current Deals & Steals #25  
Id be all over 25 bucks. Here in the land of high electric rates, why would you want efficient lighting! 36 bucks is the best i could find, and that was with 3 bucks off.

/ Current Deals & Steals #26  
Id be all over 25 bucks. Here in the land of high electric rates, why would you want efficient lighting! 36 bucks is the best i could find, and that was with 3 bucks off.

Of course, with your TBN profile showing no location......
We a left wondering, just where, "Here in the land of high electric rates" actually is!

/ Current Deals & Steals #27  
   / Current Deals & Steals #28  
I went to a friends shop and he had some of these he had just put up. One was over his press. I couldn't believe how bright they were. I ordered a pack of 6ea. I have installed two of them. I am buying more.

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 22lm, 65K (Super | eBay

For just under $10 each to the door I went ahead and ordered a six pack to replace old 4' tube fixtures as they die. They look super easy to mount and turn on and off. Time will tell the quality/value. Thanks for the heads up.

/ Current Deals & Steals #29  
I had a 4 bulb florescent over my welding table. I remove the bulbs and gutted ends and transformers, then cleaned and painted white to brighten the metal up. Installed 2 of the LED's on that reflector. I'm sure the two are brighter then the 4 I removed. These things are T5, which is about the diameter of your thumb! It's amazing they do anything!!

Just smacked a hole with an awl, then started the hole with a self tapping screw, then used the little screws that came with the LED's to hold the clip. Then the light just clips on the outside in a groove.

You get some connector pieces to connect the lights in a long string if you choose. I mounted the lights then realized the connector would not reach for one to the other. I cut the ends off of two connectors, and soldered them together. I would not have had to do that if I had place the lights a bit closer together.