How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #1  

Tractorguy24

Bronze Member
Tractor
Hope this is the right forum to post this to...
I got some seafoam for my craftsman ride on mower and I am not sure how to use the product. I want to use it as engine cleaner, not fuel stabilizer. Do I pour it in the gas tank? Or down the air intake? Or is there another way?
Thanks for your help!!!!

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #2  
Seafoam can be added to both the fuel and oil. You can also add it to a running engine through the venturi of the carburetor to clean off gummy valve stem deposits as well. It kind of depends what you are seeking to clean. The amounts given on the label are pretty vague. I think an ounce per gallon of fuel is a good dose. It can help to dose it and run. Let it sit overnight and run it up again.

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor
How would I add it to the venturi? Through the fuel?
Thanks for your help!!

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #4  
Take off the air cleaner and put it right down the carb. It needs to be running pretty fast, and you want to trickle it in so that it doesn't kill the engine or hydro lock it. It will bog down and start to smoke heavily in protest, let it recover for a few seconds and repeat.

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #5  
Is there a particular issue that you are having?

Its got a bit of a rough idle. Also just want to do a general engine clean.

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #7  
I would put an ounce per gallon in the fuel and forget about it. Running the engine will clean it the carburetur and by the time a tank is done if you are still having problems, it might be something else wrong.

I have a generator that ran for crap and threw some in the gas tank and left it and ran the generator as normal. Inside of a tank everything seemed to be running much better. Use non ethanol gas if you can get it. That will help a lot to. If that is what is in the tank now, dump it and start over.

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #8  
I would put an ounce per gallon in the fuel and forget about it. Running the engine will clean it the carburetur and by the time a tank is done if you are still having problems, it might be something else wrong.

I agree, if it's running a little rough it's almost always the spark plug and/or the carburetor. Put some in the fuel tank and it will clean out the gum and varnish. Just pour the correct amount in and run the engine. You will typically notice a difference within a few minutes. At least that's been my experience on a variety of different machines. In fact, on the very first use of a piece of equipment in the spring, typically I pour about an ounce or so into every gas tank of every piece of equipment that sat idle over the winter. It works wonders. I've been doing this for years on end and I always seem to have good luck.

DEWFPO

What about hot soaking? I heard that you’re supposed to slowly add it to the air intake for a while, not letting it stall, and then stall it by pouring in more. Could his cause a hydrolock? Or is it safe?
Thanks for your input!!!

/ How to seafoam ride on lawn tractor #10  
Should you have stem deposits, an ounce slowly fed in is more than enough. Sticky valves don't usually present a big problem on riders. Tell us a bit more about the rider. What is the model of the engine? You could do as you think by stalling the engine, but it won't do a thing for you. You're not going to create a magically clean combustion chamber. They weren't meant to be clean anyways.