found what I want now where do I get it

/ found what I want now where do I get it #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
diesel tank.jpg
according to Walmart I can get the above from them for $760 see this link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emiliana-Serbatoi-Portable-Diesel-Tank-58-gallons/52641520 which I think is a good deal. however I need one for gas and maybe DEF fluid.
transfer tank.jpg
the above is there gas it looks like in Italy anyway gas storage maybe green, according to there website here, Carrytank 22, Transport tanks Go to there catalog you can order/get in red? or at least they have part number system for it.

I like the system can stack them at 58 gal right size for me. can pick up with the forks. designed for the actual fluids, come with everything.

I have reached out to the company looking for US distributor and if i can buy direct and import.

So, where can i get them in the US or does someone have something like this from another manufacture. I have found transfer tanks but the are not color coded, not stackable and do not have the flexibility these do.

thanks steve

/ found what I want now where do I get it
DEWEPO,

thanks for looking. Unfortunately I use about as much gas as I do diesel. So, i need one rated for gas, there green one. What is the difference between them short of the color no clue. Could i get say the yellow and make it red? So, is the only difference the color? What is the reason they would not import there green one, I am sure there is some liability, or stupid law we have that has scared them off. What I like is I can stack them and still be able to use each one. They are pretty slick. I just can't seem to find it in the states for Gas.

/ found what I want now where do I get it #4  
DEWEPO,

thanks for looking. Unfortunately I use about as much gas as I do diesel. So, i need one rated for gas, there green one. What is the difference between them short of the color no clue. Could i get say the yellow and make it red? So, is the only difference the color? What is the reason they would not import there green one, I am sure there is some liability, or stupid law we have that has scared them off. What I like is I can stack them and still be able to use each one. They are pretty slick. I just can't seem to find it in the states for Gas.

I'm sure the tank itself is HDPE which can handle almost any hydrocarbon fuel. I would expect the same of the washers and seals for the pump/hose.

I think the only reason you can't find a red one for gasoline in the states is that it needs to be DOT approved and that costs money when many manufacturers don't want to spend. It's the vapor handling that's the issue for gasoline. That's not an issue with DEF, kerosene or diesel.

DEWFPO

I got a response from the north American distributor. The one they have is gray for diesel they do not have gas. I need the gas tank. It is gray so we could label one for gas another for diesel, it is not like we would be putting gas in the yellow one. Now the question is what is the difference between on for gas and one for diesel.
View attachment Diesel Carrytank 4-Pager r2.pdf
here is there brochure. I like there 106 unit, but we already have tank for diesel. We need to get one for gas and get rid of the 5 gal cans.
Way it is looking is we are going to end up with a split aluminum tank, then making it so we can lift in and out with the forks.

/ found what I want now where do I get it #6  
Gas is a lot more explosive. Not sure what that means for the tank construction.

/ found what I want now where do I get it #7  
For portable gasoline storage I went with an aluminum transfer tank from RDS. It is DOT rated and at 91 gallons I can pick it up with my FEL after I mounted it to a pallet so I could use my forks. It was about $600.00 and I went with a manual pump and filter.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200306735_200306735

I purchased it thru Marks Marine and picked it up at their store to save shipping.

For portable gasoline storage I went with an aluminum transfer tank from RDS. It is DOT rated and at 91 gallons I can pick it up with my FEL after I mounted it to a pallet so I could use my forks. It was about $600.00 and I went with a manual pump and filter.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200306735_200306735

I purchased it thru Marks Marine and picked it up at their store to save shipping.

It is looking more and more the way I am going to end up going. What are your thoughts on 12 volt electric verses hand pump? I like the hand pump, we won't pump more than 10 gals at a time. Issue is when pumping keeping eye on fill level.
Reason we liked the poly tanks is they are red and yellow making them more idiot proof. When it is all said and done I'll end up with having to make the aluminum red and yellow somehow.

/ found what I want now where do I get it #9  
It is looking more and more the way I am going to end up going. What are your thoughts on 12 volt electric verses hand pump? I like the hand pump, we won't pump more than 10 gals at a time. Issue is when pumping keeping eye on fill level.
Reason we liked the poly tanks is they are red and yellow making them more idiot proof. When it is all said and done I'll end up with having to make the aluminum red and yellow somehow.

I subscribe to the KISS principle. My reason was for generator storage and the occasional top off of the truck so a hand pump fit the bill. If I had to use it on a more regular basis I might lean toward the 12v system. I don't have to worry about maintaining an extra battery with the hand pump. BTW the stroke volume is pretty good with the hand pump so it is not a hassle.

I am with you on the hand pump. Rotary or piston hand pump? I am leaning towards rotary then it won't be as hard on top of the tank moving handle in and out.....? or when close to empty with piston pump wouldn't tank move around?