Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)

Default Re: Block heater trips breaker

I had an unusual failure mode on a block heater (kubota). Was frequently tripping a GFI. At first I thought it was moisture getting in around where the block heater plugged into extension cord. Turned out to be a tiny amount of coolant seeping out around a couple of the block heater pins.

When I stopped by the dealer to pick up a new block heater ($65) the parts guy said they keep plenty of Kubota block heaters in stock because they fail "all the time". But he said usually they just go open (electrically), it wad the first one he knew of where it was leaking around the pins.

Tractor
    LS XR 3135HC

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    I had an unusual failure mode on a block heater (kubota). Was frequently tripping a GFI. At first I thought it was moisture getting in around where the block heater plugged into extension cord. Turned out to be a tiny amount of coolant seeping out around a couple of the block heater pins.

When I stopped by the dealer to pick up a new block heater ($65) the parts guy said they keep plenty of Kubota block heaters in stock because they fail "all the time". But he said usually they just go open (electrically), it wad the first one he knew of where it was leaking around the pins.
    Heaven forbid that Kubota won't step up and demand accountability from their suppliers!

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Sorry but high watt density electric heater elements are a high failure item no matter who makes them.

David
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345