Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix?

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #1  

Luke'sScreenName

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800 with BH-90X hoe; Hustler FastTrack 48; B3300SU (sold); 1969 Case 680B CK (sold)
I went to fill my 50 gal barrel with off-road diesel and the pump had a new sign on it that read "this product contains 50% kerosene."

I know that people often mix some kero in diesel for the winter as an anti-gel but 50% seems like a lot! (I usually put in an anti-gel additive myself.)

Seems like a lot of the lubricant would be diluted out.

Do y'all think this is safe to use on my modern common rail, high-compression Kubota diesel?

Thanks.

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #2  
Yes it is safe to use. Around here they just call it winter blend. You may notice a slight loss in power but it won't hurt your engine

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #4  
Yep, winter blended fuel so as not to gell up on you in the cold, half #2 and half #1, you could add a standard dose of power serve and be ready for anything mother nature sends your way.
Fuel usage will be slightly higher and power slightly less but not really noticeable.

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #5  
50/50 is NOT a lot of kero in the diesel, to keep it from gelling...

SR

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix?
Thanks for the reassurance y'all. :thumbsup:. I guess I'll still add my anti-gel additive too based on the last to comments. Thanks!

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #8  
Just an opinion I feel in never hurts to use a fuel additive with lubricity.

/ Diesel and kerosene 50/50 mix? #9  
I have noticed fuel usage is up, but it sure beats gelled up filters !