Water in transmission

/ Water in transmission #1  

barrlou

Tractor
Kubotas -B7100 & L2600
My transmission is full of water. How do I clean it before adding new oil?

/ Water in transmission #2  
How long has it been in there and what’s the water to oil ratio?

/ Water in transmission #3  
Only thing you can do is drain, refill & run it.
Then repeat as required to dilute & purge from system.
I would use the economy oil for this procedure to save $.
Perhaps after 1 or 2 flushes alcohol could be added to absorb remaining water then drain & refill 1 more time.
Perhaps someone could chime in on the alcohol idear not sure it’s a good one!
90cummins

/ Water in transmission #4  
After flushing with cheap oil I would Buy a couple of gallons of WD40 from Harbor Freight or wherever you can get the best price and run that through it before going to good oil. The WD in WD 40 stands for water displacement and works great for this type thing.I've used it in flooded fuel systems as well as engines and it works well.

/ Water in transmission #5  
I’d probably use diesel for the first flush. It’s half the price of the cheapest oil.

/ Water in transmission #6  
I’d probably use diesel for the first flush. It’s half the price of the cheapest oil.

That is what I did years ago with my Oliver 1550, drained it overnight, filled it with diesel, gently drove in back and forth a few times, drained and refilled, installed a new shifter boot and was good.

/ Water in transmission #7  
Might be a good idea to dump in some cheap motor oil with the diesel to give it some lubrication if your going to drive it around. You don't want to damage it.

/ Water in transmission #8  
I agree with diesel.
90cummins

/ Water in transmission #9  
what type of tractor you have ?

/ Water in transmission #10  
what type of tractor you have ?

My M 5700 kubota got water in the hydraulic system and that does everything except run the motor. I only discovered a problem when the hydraulics refused to work below 32 degrees F. Had to be water. I pointed a heat lamp at the base of the transmission for an hour and that worked if it wasn't too cold. In the spring I drained the hydraulics ($$$$) and replaced the oil and all is well since. The only way I could see how the water got in was, when I power washed the tractor the dip stick was forced up allowing the water get in. Now, I zip tie the dip stick closed.