Super UDT or not for my l4610

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #1  

cheggemeier

Tractor
Kubota L4610
My L4610 (HST) is coming up to it's 800 hour service. Checked around for Super UDT (now it's super udt2) it's now$101.35/5 gallon. I talked to an Amsoil dealer he said their oil works ($38.99/5 gal) that's a huge difference and enticing but is it as good?

Last edited:
   / Super UDT or not for my l4610 #2  
My L4610 is coming up to it's 800 hour service. Checked around for Super UDT (now it's super udt2) it's now$101.35/5 gallon. I talked to an Amsoil dealer he said their oil works ($38.99/5 gal) that's a huge difference and enticing but is it as good?

If you have a hydro transmission or hydraulic shift, go with the SUDT2. Fast starts, low noise, full synthetic, etc. It's worth it from numerous posts, including my own comparison of SUDT2 and a major brand dino..

Amsoil is not for me because of the potential for biased opinions from those selling it and not disclosing that fact. I can't trust the reviews.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610
Thanks for the info.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610
Can you still get super udt. All the dealers I talked to only have super udt2.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #5  
Can you still get super udt. All the dealers I talked to only have super udt2.

Probably only if old stock. The SUDT2, if you have a hydro or hydraulic shuttle, is worth the difference. Lots of posts on that. I'm a cheapskate and use SUDT2 in my hydro tractor and shuttle tractor. It makes that much of a difference. Double that if you're in a cold climate. Where are you, anyway?

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #6  
I'm pretty thrifty when it come to the buck, however, for how often the hydraulic fluid requires changing, I would go with the SUDT2.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #7  
My L4610 (HST) is coming up to it's 800 hour service. Checked around for Super UDT (now it's super udt2) it's now$101.35/5 gallon. I talked to an Amsoil dealer he said their oil works ($38.99/5 gal) that's a huge difference and enticing but is it as good?

I like and have used many Amsoil products, I believe most or all the nay sayers have never tried it.
However Amsoil Multi purpose hydraulic/transmission fluid is a bit over $48.00 per gallon or $230.00 per 5 gallon bucket.
Personally I looked at the Amsoil the last time I changed and ended up with Cen-Pe-Co multi purpose fluid which is on a par with the Super UDT2 and close in price a bit less.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #8  
Amsoil Multi purpose hydraulic/transmission fluid at $230.00 per 5 gallon. :shocked:

No hydraulic fluid for a tractor is worth paying that price.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #9  
I use Amsoil engine oils, grease, and gear oil. I refuse to pay $200 for 5 gallons of their tractor hydraulic fluid.
I use the Kubota sudt/2 in my kubota machines.

/ Super UDT or not for my l4610 #10  
The UDT2 looks like its going to cost you a extra $61.00 dollars or so plus tax. Your putting it in a machine worth thousands to fix or replace. Figure in 500 hours or what ever your oil change is and it seems to be pretty easy to say spend the extra money, especially since its yours :)
All joking aside UDT2 has done great for me so far and not worth the risk to save a few bucks versus the possible cost.
I figure that the tractor has saved me a lot of money and since I am doing the oil change and maintence I am saving more money. So will gladly spend the extra bucks for UDT2.