Fuel line size

/ Fuel line size #1  

paulcho

Tractor
john deere gx345 Wheel Horse 518H
What size fuel line is used on a John Deere model GX345

/ Fuel line size #2  
I find 5/16 to 20 hp and ⅜ over that on my small engines from different mfgrs, 15 to 26 hp air cooled singles and V twins. The fuel filters used in such machines are usually dual tipped inlets and outlets to fit both size fuel lines.

/ Fuel line size #3  
It's 1/4"

/ Fuel line size #4  
This one application where even 'bigger is better' (within reason).
e.g. for 1/4" --5/16 or even 3/8" would not hurt, space permitting.

/ Fuel line size #5  
If you consider the line not being able to seal at the pump and pick up etc. being a good thing, then I say go for it. There is absolutely nothing to accomplish with a larger ID fuel line on this rather than for those that want a little sport in their life by creating a fuel delivery issue or a fire... Top fuel GX345 maybe ;)

/ Fuel line size
Thank You all, I used the 1/4 inch and that worked just fine. The reason I changed the fuel line and filter the engine was surging, I had this same problem in June 1917 problem was bolts on carburetor and intake manifold were loose, Now this time I removed the top of carburetor and blew the small inlets out with the air hose, there is a brass tube with very small pin holes in it they were blocked, My tractor is a Wheel Horse model 518-H engine Onan P218