ASK A SILLY QUESTION

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #1  

daedong

Veteran Member
I changed the engine oil in my tractor today. recommended oil is a sae 15w-40 api CH-4SJ. I had this in a drum so i drained the tractor oil and went to refill it i was about 1.5 litres(2 and a bit pints) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif short to bring it to the full mark on the dipstick /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. To lazy and to tight to go to town i hunted for some more in the shed, not able to find any the same i topped it up with sae 20w-50 api SJ/CF both were valvoline products should i leave this in till next service or change it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #2  
Vin
Change it ASAP. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
IMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #3  
I don't really see a problem with it. I've done a similar thing with my truck. Unless it's going to be getting downright cold by you, I don't think it will hurt a thing.

Just my oil-challenged opinion.

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION
Dave,
The coldest it gets here is about 26F in early morning and when its that cold i stay indoors till it warms up 55F plus late morning. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifi'm soft

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #5  
Leave it..... oil is oil.... besides, that is probably the first oil change that the old tractor has had in the last decade. If it starts to knock, put in a little 80 - 90 gear lube. That will firm every thing up... Any more silly questions??????? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #6  
Not a significant enough difference to make a problem. Just wait until the next change. I do my oil every 50 instead of 100 as suggested, maybe overkill, but oil is cheap. John

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any more silly questions??????? )</font>

Could he then perhaps dispose of the gear lube by mixing it in with his string cutter gas? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ ASK A SILLY QUESTION #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Could he then perhaps dispose of the gear lube by mixing it in with his string cutter gas? )</font>
Maybe not, but he could probably filter it and mix it in with his diesel! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John