Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #1  

beltfed

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Iseki 1610

I replaced the fuel filter and that was extremely dirty. I have about 20 hours on the tractor since I purchased it last fall. 900 hrs total.

No problem removing the filter and putting in the new one. I filled the bowl up with diesel fuel and tightened the top. Ran the tractor for 20 seconds and it died.

Opened up the first bleeder (closest to the fuel tank) and waited until just fuel came out. Tightened it up. Opened up the 2nd farther out from the fuel tank and waited till just fuel came out.. tightened it up.

3rd one.... I believe this is the correct one since fuel did run out. Opened up and after a bit tightened it.

It just won't start, I'm not sure if I flooded it... can you flood a diesel?

Here is a photo with each labeled 1 2 and 3.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 490878-1.jpg
    490878-1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 403
   / Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #2  
Beltfed,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It just won't start, I'm not sure if I flooded it... can you flood a diesel? )</font>

Don't think so.

Try opening the fitting at each injector while cranking. You're on the right track - just need to get rid of the air above #3.

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines
I assume the injectors (2 of them) are at the top with the metal hose running between? I'll try that tomorrow.

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #4  
Can't speak for your tractor, but I know that if my old Oliver with the Continental engine didn't catch right away, it would flood and when it finally did catch, after using either, it would pour out black smoke for a while. Sure that you don't have water in the fuel?

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #5  
Sounds like you need to go all the way to the injectors with your bleeding. Crank for a while and then bleed.
In Junkman's post he was referring to a GAS engine. Don't use ether on a diesel engine. John

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #6  
I was referring to a diesel engine. In the old days, you could use either (starting fluid) on diesel engines. Some, such as mine also had an either injector system that held a canister of either for starting. It was a 1958 Oliver OC-3. Some old diesel engines even had gasoline engines to spin them over. They were called "pony motors"..... OK... I am old... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #7  
Sorry, thought you were referring to the Continental gas engines that were so popular in many tractors like the Ferguson etc.
Not to pick on you, but either is one or the other, ether is what you sprayed in the engine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ Fuel filter replaced - bleed lines #8  
KiotiJohn

I beleive Junkman has stated more than once that he has vision problems and may missread or misspell words.

Egon

Still no luck after bleeding the 2 injectors. Tried it both while cranking the engine and with the engine off. All bleed screws including the 2 injectors flow fuel fine with no air bubbles. Tank is full, battery is dying so I'm charging that right now.

Any more ideas?

Tried starting fluid in the air intake with no luck. It sounded like it would start and then goes back to nothing... just cranking.

?????