Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM186D & Ford LGT14D

Default Front Diff Oil

Seems like I read somewhere that kubota uses UDT fluid in the front diff when new. I can't find the thread on this. Anyway , I did a complete fluid change in my Yanmar YM155D. Radiator,engine oil,hy/trans,and front axle (4x4). I think the manual said to refill front diff with gear lube (80-90w) but I drained and filled with Hy/tran fluid . This good for the rear diff , what do you think about using in the front ? I can always drain and refill with gear lube if you all think its a bad idea. I don't see it as being a problem .

Default Re: Front Diff Oil

Yep, Allan, my B2710 came with UDT in the front axle and the manual said to use either UDT or 80W-90 gear oil, and of course, there's not much comparison between those two choices. It seems that kubota figured just anything you could pour would do. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

The front axle on my TC25D uses hyd fluid.

I agree witg Bird--My BX22 came with Super UDT hydo fluid in front axle; but, I can use 80w-90 gear oil per the manual. So I put in Amsoil 75-90 Series 2000. Works just fine.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro

When I did my 50 hour service my dealer recommend gear oil.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Manual calls for either UDT or 80W90 gear oil on my B2400. I opted for Mobil 1 synthetic gear oil. Mobil 1 is compatible with limited slip differentials and as I have Bi-Speed turn, which uses a clutch pack, it fit the need.

Tractor

Thanks everybody . I will leave the hy/tran oil in the front diff. I always have a couple gallons around. Might even change the L2201DT over to it too . It seems to be "lighter" than gear lube and would probably be better in the winter . Always feels "stiff" when its cold .

Tractor

One more question . I drained the front diff and outer knuckles when I did the oil change , then filled through the one large fill plug at the top of the axle housing . Filled with the amount specified in the service manual . I did not fill each outer knuckle separately . I assumed the oil would work it's way to these areas . Am I correct or do I need to fill each outer knuckle individually ? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> Am I correct or do I need to fill each outer knuckle individually ?</font>
    Don't know about your tractor, but my TC25D has 3 drain and 3 fill plugs on the front axle, center and at each wheel. The Operator's Manual specifically documents how to drain and fill each.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

My NH 1920 also had seperate drains and fills for the front 4wd final drives. You may want to check your setup so you don't burn anything up.

Soundguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast