fuel usage diesel tractor

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #1  

frank360

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Trying to figure out how much diesel my 22 hp tractor should use mowing my8acrage of lawn with a 5 foot finish mower?is 5 gallons to much?

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #2  
This was talked about but I think it was around like 2 hours per gallon of fuel. Again this is approx, so your may vary.

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #3  
If it's under load and not smoking in the process at the end of one hour whatever it uses is normal for your machine!

/ fuel usage diesel tractor
if that is true Iam using about 2 1/2 gallons to much.

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #5  
also depends on the load etc. My BX uses that much when using the BH at 95% throttle. Mowing is less the BH...for me.

But more stuff you have running cost more. 5-gallons could be right if you have an older tractor, etc.

Maybe get some other input. I know my BX does not use much and my neightbor has an older Ford 1220 and his uses about the same.

As posted above if it not smoking (black) or have zero fuel in oil, it just burns a lot of fuel.

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #6  
I'm not sure if this holds true for smaller tractors but my M9000 = 90hp uses a gallon an hour so far. The salesman who seemed very knowledgeable said I needed to keep the RPM's up to 1500 or greater or it wouldn't be as fuel efficient as it could be. Larger tractors apparently use more fuel at lower rpms when they are under load.
Steve

/ fuel usage diesel tractor
how much it use and what hp do u have

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #8  
I have the smaller Kubota BX22 (22 hp) and it does not use much at all. The 5-gallon per hour seems high but what do I know.

As I am sure the large models burn more.

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #9  
I averaged about .7 gallons per hour on a B2710 (27 engine and 20 PTO hp I believe).

/ fuel usage diesel tractor #10  
We averaged .5 gallons per hour on our 25 HP tractor and .75 gallons per hour on our 40 HP.