Dang Red Off road Fuel

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #1  

briggs_man

Tractor
79 Ford 2600 DSL, 331 Bobcat excavator,
Just have to vent , Got 2 55 gallon drums free from a guy that was getting rid of his fuel tanks......... 2 Plugged filters on the tractor in less than a week ....... DUE TO THIS **** RED DYE its hard to tell whene you have Dirty water laden fuel ....

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #2  
Buy a Mr. Funnel , the medium size, and use it to strain the fuel when you fill up. It will separate any water or other contaminants from the fuel.

The medium will cost about $30 with shipping and I use mine all the time to prevent problems.

Bill Tolle

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel
Ill have to get one , Thanks for the suggestion, Days like this trying to fight the mud feeding the cattel,,, trying to keep the tractor moving and a filter clogging is enough to make ya just scream,,,, May cost more lot more but im going to Road diesel least i can tell whene its filthy , They need to stop putting so much dang red dye to this stuff , dang near purple ,

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #4  
I sympathize with you. The only problem I've had with my tractor in the last 4 years was caused by dirty fuel ... and that was road diesel. It's so frustrating to be working and have the tractor cough, splutter and try to die because filters or lines have blocked up. It seems that you can never get anything done because you are continually trying to keep the tractor from stalling. I changed filters, blew out lines, drained the fuel tank and nothing seemed to correct the problem. It was only when the plastic nipple on the return line to the fuel tank broke off and I had the tank and lines replaced that life returned to normal and ended 2 months of utter frustration. I don't use Mr Funnel but my fuel is stabilized when I bring it home and filtered twice before going into the tractor. I don't know where the crud that got in the fuel tank came from but it made life **** for a while. Lot's of luck with your problem and I hope it works out for you soon.

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #5  
Rotgut low quality diesel fuel is always real bad news for any diesel engine. It always pays huge dividends just to purchase quality diesel fuel instead of scrimping by on the inferior stuff.

Water in diesel fuel is about the worst possible thing that can happen for a diesel engine, maybe it was frozen and thus helped keep your FIE from total destruction.

The two 55 gallon drums really were not free, you'll end up paying for it after all.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #6  
All diesel is dirty, but look at the positive side you got the fuel for free. All you need to do is run it through a fuel filter that is capable of trapping water to use it. In my opinion you are still way ahead of the game, most of us have to pay for the stuff!

TC-40D SS web pictures click here

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #7  
I also have to vent! Why is it when something happens that is a result of someone not handling a product properly, either out of lack of knowledge or the desire to cut corners to save a buck or two, is it the product that is blamed. If you want to own your own fuel supply and delivery system, then you are ultimately responsible for the cleanliness of the fuel that you put into your machine. If you had a filter system, you wouldn't have the problems that you presently have. You don't even know how old the fuel is or how it was previously stored, but you blame the red dye for all the problems. I think that you should blame the tractor manufacturer, they should have built a machine that was capable of burning fuel that is dirty and full of water instead of one that requires clean filtered fuel... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #8  
Many are instantly ready to save a fast two bucks and in the process totally destroy twenty thousand bucks in the long run.......but it's gotta always be someones else fault! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don't forget that over 1/2 of all diesel engine problems are directly the result of substandard inferior contaminated diesel fuel, you can easily eliminate those hassles by simply using good quality fuel.

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #9  
<font color="blue">I think that you should blame the tractor manufacturer, they should have built a machine that was capable of burning fuel that is dirty and full of water instead of one that requires clean filtered fuel...
</font>

Junkman thats absurd! You can't blame the tractor manufacturer for this sort of problem. Actually the blame squarely rests on the folks that made the steel that made the tractor. Yeah that's it. it's their fault. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TC-40D SS web pictures click here

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #10  
I think its the fuel manufactures falt.they should have put a warning label on it. cheap fuel dirty will not work.