Portable Hydraulic Bypass filter questions???

/ Portable Hydraulic Bypass filter questions??? #1  

penokee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO-20 (sold to son-in-law), AC - H3 Crawler, L3130HST, (AC-WD w/Attachments - SOLD), 1984 Honda Big Red, Honda Foreman 4x4 w/plow
Disclaimer: I am hydraulically challenged along with many other things too numerous to mention.
Have reviewed the threads on by-pass filters and since I don't understand all I know about them, need some help.
1. Can I make up a unit from a filter and appropriate hydraulic hoses and periodically plug it into the fittings for my rear remote?
2. Does the hydraulic fluid continually move through the remote, or would I have to operate the lever that I normally use to operate the remote attachment?
3. How long should it run through the remote filter to clean the fluid?
If the questions don't make hydraulic sense, I take refuge behind my first statement /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Attaching a picture to identify the remote I would temporarily attach it to.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 572934-Kubota - Rear remote.jpg
    572934-Kubota - Rear remote.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 201
   / Portable Hydraulic Bypass filter questions??? #2  
I have a filter system that's working like you're talking about. My shop isn't heated so I haven't finished mounting ,so I can use it on both tractors. To cold for me right now. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif When I get it finished I'll post a picture and details of the filters and filter heads used. Gotta make one change to be able to see the pressure change when the filters are dirty and need changing.

I'll get back to you when it warms up and I finish. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif So wish me some warm weather. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The older I get the colder I get.

/ Portable Hydraulic Bypass filter questions???
Sounds good - I'll look forward to seeing a picture or two. Also waiting for warmer weather. Went out to camp today to feed my small herd of deer (10) and took a picture of the "Hibernating Iron" just waiting to be cranked up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifpenokee

Attachments

• 573604-Hibernating Iron.jpg
    573604-Hibernating Iron.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 164