Oil Filter Question

/ Oil Filter Question #1  

CenturyGreg

Tractor
Century 2028 C-50HL FEL
I am looking to replace the factory oil filter on my Century 2028 with a Purolator filter. Neither Purolator, nor any other filter manufacturer was able to cross-reference the Century part number. I found a Purolator filter that is the same size, shape, etc. as the filter that is on the tractor, is there any reason why this filter should not be used on my tractor? Are there differences between diesel engine and gas engine filters, as I do not know what type of vehicle this Purolator filter is supposed to fit.

/ Oil Filter Question #2  
Dig harder! I have a master WIX catalog at work... tommorrow I'll try to see if it has your tractor in it. I've never came across anything that the master catalog didn't cross reference. If I come up with something I'll holler back at you.

/ Oil Filter Question #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are there differences between diesel engine and gas engine filters, as I do not know what type of vehicle this Purolator filter is supposed to fit.)</font>

Good question. Anyone? Gerard

/ Oil Filter Question #4  
Sorry Greg... I looked through a few catalogs at work this morning and I came up empty. There are name brands in there I've never heard of... but Century didn't make the cut. They were 2002 catalogs... maybe the 2005's will include Century. Anyway, just because the filter is the same size and the gasket is the same, I don't think I would trust it. It may have internal differences that the naked eye can't see. I would recommend getting filters from a dealer until you can cross reference to a quality name brand filter.

/ Oil Filter Question
Ron, Thanks for the help. I can give you a little more information if you would be willing to try looking again. I e-mailed Wix to see if they could help me, but the never responded. The tractor is a 2004 Century 2028. It is manufactured by Kukje Mfg. The engine is a Kukje 3T84L. The filter that is on the tractor now is a Kukje HRA1102000A3. Also, a Branson 2810 is the exact same tractor. Maybe your book will list the Branson tractors. I can get the factory filter with no problem, I just think that one of the Purolator or Baldwin filters would be a better filter. Thanks again.

/ Oil Filter Question #6  
Those tractors have only been in the US since 1998 if my information is correct. I have a electronic version of the Hastings master filter/cross reference catalog and that tractor is not listed.

I think you are SOL, and going to have to buy from dealer or risk experimenting.

/ Oil Filter Question #7  
No problem. I'll take that info and do some more checking. I might go up to work later today... if I do I'll look and get back to you. If not, it'll be Monday morning.

/ Oil Filter Question #8  
Sorry Greg... still nothing. No Branson or Century listings and the filter number wouldn't cross either. These were 2002 catalogs so maybe a new one would list it.

/ Oil Filter Question #9  
There really isn't any difference between oil or gas engine filters.

All you need to do to match the filter to another is determine the thread size, seal size, and if it has a bypass valve. If it does have a bypass valve then you have some more research to do, you have to find out what range the bypass valve is. With this information then you can find an equivalent To be on the safe side it's best to get one that is same size or larger can. If you need some help let me know.

/ Oil Filter Question
Thanks to everyone for all the help so far!

Shultz, the Century book says that the filter should have a bypass valve setting of 14psi plus or minus 3psi. I e-mailed Purolator, and the filters I was interseted in both have a bypass valve setting of 12-15psi. Purolator told me though that their filters have never been tested for or recomended for off-road/farm use. The filters do have the same thread size, same gasket size, and one is slightly longer and the other slightly shorter than the factory filter. It seems that the filters should be fine, but I'm not sure what to think. Thanks.