old kerosene

/ old kerosene #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Being new to diesel fuel and some of the down's and up's
I found appx 3 gal of kerosene that is appx 3-5 yrs old. It has been sitting in my basement .
Should I throw this away???? or can I mix it with some fresh diesel or do I add some additves ??? Help I don't have a clue

/ old kerosene #2  
if it was me, i would use it to help the burn pile along. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ old kerosene #3  
I for one am not a big fan of kerosene mixed with diesel. I vote either mix it in with your heating fuel or take it to our locale disposal center. That is unless you have a kerosene heater or old kerosene lanterns!

Gary

/ old kerosene
Thanks to the both of you that replied
I kind of thought of saving it for burning brush or anything else besize using in the JD Just wondering

/ old kerosene #5  
Makes a decent solvent for the parts cleaner.

/ old kerosene #6  
Makes a decent solvent for the parts cleaner.
//
Ype that is what I do, use it for parts cleaning and then in burning brush. Can use it 2 times that way.
Ben

/ old kerosene #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can use it 2 times that way.
)</font>

MY kind of guy , the only thing i like better than using something twice is using it 3 times. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ old kerosene #8  
I wouldn't use it in the summertime, but I wouldn't hesitate to add a little kerosene, even if old, to the tank in the winter if it contained summer (straight #2) diesel.

/ old kerosene #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if it was me, i would use it to help the burn pile along. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font> <font color="red"> Good idea that's what i use the old udt and oil from my tractor for. </font>