Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #1  

DelfinoTX

Bronze Member
Did the 50HR service on my L3830 and snapped a couple of pics comparing the the original Kubota Oil filter and a Wix (Dana) filter. Notice the larger input holes and silicone check valve on the Wix filter. The steel also seems a bit thicker too. I paid about twelve dollars at the local auto parts shop. Found the correct filter by entering the Kubota Part number into the Filter Look-Up on the Wix web site http://www.wixfilters.com.

Attachments

• 623823-filters1.jpg
    623823-filters1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,073
   / Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #3  
I use WIX on everything I own and I consider them to be one of the better filters on the market. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with OEM, but, I can get WIX right down the road on my way to work whereas my Kubota dealer is about 30 miles away in a direction I never go. The only filter that WIX doesn't make is the air filter on my B7300. Besides that, the Toyota and the Kubota use all WIX. The cost is about the same. You said you paid $12 for the oil filter... mine is different and I think mine was $8 and the Kubota was about $7. I've never even considered Toyota filters... I'm sure they are considerable more cash and dought they are any better.

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #4  
I use WIX filters (oil, air, fuel, hydraulic, you name it) on everthing I run. That includes 2 6.0 Ford diesels, 2 Kubotas, a Corvette, Pontiac Grand Prix and a PT Cruiser Turbo. I'v never had any trouble with WIX and if you want to get them at a really good price with free delivery, go here: Filter1 Great place to do business with, and never not had a filter I needed. Saves me a ton of money over local purchases.

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #5  
WIX used to be easy to get a hold of out here but I have found it easier to get Kubota filters then WIX now. The Kubota filter costs about $7, a 5 dollar savings over the WIX you picked up.

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WIX used to be easy to get a hold of out here but I have found it easier to get Kubota filters then WIX now. )</font>

Just go to your local Napa dealer. Napa uses Wix filters.
Remove the first # from the Wix filter and you have the Napa filter #
I have Napa filters on all my vehicles/tractors.

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison
Yall are probly right. I can find kubota filters on the cheap if I look on the internet, but I was short a filter when I did the service on my tractor. When I told my Kubota dealer I needed all the filters for the 50HR service on my tractor and RTV they put all the filters for the hydraulics in a box and I thought the engine oil filter was in there too. Coulda bought a nice Whataburger with them 5 bucks. Mmmmm... That sounds good right about now. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Kubota OEM and WIX (Dana) Oil filter comparison #8  
My local NAPA dealer has just changed over to CarQuest, and when I asked about the filters, he told me that WIX is the manufacturer for CarQuest also, so there would be no difference in the filters from NAPA or CarQuest. I have been able to independently verify this by going to the Carquest website....... thanks..... Junk.....