80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #1  

Cabinholler

Silver Member
I own a new 4341.1 Zetor tractor with 4X4 that has about 20 hours on it. The tractor operator's manual states that this tractor has 80W/90 fluid in the transmission and hydraulics. This fluid looks and feels like hydraulic transmission fluid, and is so thin that I can hardly see it on the dipstick.

My question is this: How can I tell if this tractor has 80W/90 fluid, or hydraulic transmission fluid in the transmission and hydraulics?

A reply to this post would be most appreciated.

Cabinholler

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #2  
Not familiar with Zetors, but 85W80 oil in hydraulics would be unusual to say the least. Sorry I can't be more help.

Ben

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #3  
That does not sound right at all. What lube does it recommend for the front differential?

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #4  
Call and ask your dealer. He should know exactly what fluid he uses to perform services with. Sometimes the exact intended specs get somewhat lost in translation from one language to another. Have seen it happen particularly with the Chinese tractors, but there is a possibility of a typo or your not exactly understanding the spec.

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #5  
I've heard of hydro in the front axles but never 80W90 in the transmission before. I would ping the dealer on that one. The two fluids are definitely different that is fr sure.

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #6  
I have a Kubota 4WD and the manual says that I must use hydraulic fluid in the transmission and hydraulic system but that I may use either hydraulic fluid or 80w90 gear oil in the front axle. It came with hydraulic oil in the front axle and I have not changed it.

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #7  
I have seen several heated discussions of this,but my Mitsu manual says sae#80.

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid
normde2001

The 4341.1 Zetor operator's manual states that the front drive axle uses 80W/90 fluid. Also, the front final drives, and the rear final drives also use 80W/90 fluid.

Cabinholler

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid
Scrounger

Years ago some older tractors did use 80W/90 fluid in the transmission and hydraulics. I thought all new tractors now use hydraulic transmission fluid for the transmission and hydraulics, but I could be wrong about that.

Cabinholler

/ 80W/90 Fluid Or Hydraulic Transmission Fluid #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a Kubota 4WD and the manual says that I must use hydraulic fluid in the transmission and hydraulic system but that I may use either hydraulic fluid or 80w90 gear oil in the front axle. It came with hydraulic oil in the front axle and I have not changed it. )</font>

When you do go to change it.. I'd re-read your manual very very closely and make sure it actually specifies plain 'hydraulic' oil, or if it really specifies a universal trans-draulic oil.. etc.

As other have stated.. It's not completely uncommon to see hyd systems that use 90wt oil in the hyds.. I've got 3 setting at home right now that do.

It's also not uncommon to see manual transmissions that use gear lube. ALL my fords spec gear lube in the trannies.

Soundguy