Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters??

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #1  

davefr

Tractor
JD 1070
I've been using JD oil filters for my 2 diesel tractors. (Yanmar powered). I found a cross to Purolators (both Premium Plus and Pure One). They're easier to get and less expensive. Is there any compleiing reason to stick with JD filters? Anyone know who makes their filters?

JD M806418 = PL14612
JD M806419 = PL14459

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #2  
I generally cross everything to WIX for an annual bulk buy but you can also cross to Fram & pick up at Wal-Mart in a pinch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

www.filter1.com

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #3  
the filters you posted are pretty good filters. I would use them since, as you stated cheaper.

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #4  
PL14612 is a filter that's used a lot on motorcycles--just put one on my 929 Honda. Not by recommendation, but because it works and is relatively cheap. If you can afford the extra length, the PL14610 will work as well.

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters??
I see that Filter1 pays the freight. Are their prices any good??

(It appears you have to set up an account before you can check out prices.)

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I generally cross everything to WIX for an annual bulk buy but you can also cross to Fram & pick up at Wal-Mart in a pinch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

www.filter1.com
)</font>

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #6  
Their account setup takes a minute or two, prices are better than NAPA & local Co-op 15% Spring discount sale /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Any reason to stick with JD OEM oil filters?? #7  
Check out this webpage Link
This is a private guy that got fed up with wondering about oil filters and decided to start taking them apart to see who had the best. He hasn't updated in a while but it's still a good read.

MikePA: Cleaned up long URL. Please review your message before posting it. It's simple not to do this. Just insert a descriptive word or two between the {url=http://whatever}<font color="red">Enter words here</font>{/url} instead of the entire URL. Replace parentheses with brackets in previous example.