Diesel Fuel Additives and Marvel Mystery Oil

/ Diesel Fuel Additives and Marvel Mystery Oil #1  

Anonymous Poster

I've read post where some recommend diesel fuel additives for keeping fuel pumps and injectors clean, displacing water,keeping filters clean and fuel from geling. I've also heard Marvel Mystery Oil recommended for lubricating pumps and cleaning injectors. Also hear Mystery oil prevents other engine wear that a regular diesel additive wouldn't help. My question is would it hurt to use both? Is one better than the other? What do you guys use. I just purchased a new tractor and want to do my part to insure long engine life.

/ Diesel Fuel Additives and Marvel Mystery Oil #2  
I would discourage mixing. When you mix chems that are not meant to be mixed, you nulled what you read on the back label. If I felt strongly about two products, I would a few tanks of fuel+chemA, a few tanks of straight fuel, then a few tanks of fuel+chemB. This is by far NOT a scientific method. Just one man's opinion. Personally, I run 2oz Marvel Mystery to 5gallons of diesel. This is what the bottle calls for. I don't have any cold, hard facts for why I do this, it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.