50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #1  

Grant1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30, Kioti DK45hst
Ive just completed my 50 hour service with everything but changing the hydraulic fluid. I was wondering since the hydraulc fluid does not wear out like the engine oil how important is it to change it at this early interval

/ 50 hour service #2  
It is extremely important to change it ASAP to cleanse the transmission of residual manufacturing debris, not changing the hydraulic oil and the filter at the first 50 hour service is a big mistake.....

/ 50 hour service #3  
<font color="blue"> It is extremely important to change it ASAP to cleanse the transmission of residual manufacturing debris, </font>

I find it odd though that some manurfactuers do not require it. I also wonder if there is some debris in there left over from manufacturing, why are the filters not taking care of it? I still am not convinced the oil needs changing as much as cleaning. I changed mine at 50 hours and still question the oil part. I suspect the oil is fine but the filters may have cleaned up and trapped more at 50 hours then they will at the 200 hour intervals. If these manufacturing particles are floating around at 50 hours, I think they were doing it at 5, 10, 30, 50 and all the hours in between. It would therefore seem that the damage has been done if the filters were not trapping them prior to entering hydralic componets /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I still suggest you do it if for no better reason then insurance purposes.

/ 50 hour service #4  
I do not agree with the statment that it is critical to change the oil. The filter must be changed and at some point the oil needs to be changed since it will accumulate debry and absorb moisture. The questions is when to change the oil. You can either do what the manufacturer says or do an oil anaylsis.

Think about it: Some folks work there machines very hard, some do not. Some conditions are dustier than others, etc...
Why would all these variables lead to the conclusion that you must change the oil at 50 hrs?

I like blackstone labs but I am sure there are other services. Is about $20 for an analysis that will confirm the need or lack of need for an oil change. Depending on the size of your machine $20 may be cheap. For me the hydro oil is more than $100.

Running dirty oil that will tear up your tranny or hydro pump is dumb, but pooring out oil that is not dirty and is still within spec is also dumb IMHO.

Fred

/ 50 hour service #5  
I could almost agree with Phred if it wasnt a break in change.
I agree with the fact different users have different conditions.
Break in is a special circumstance where parts, namely gears in this instance and some pump workings- are meshing together and theres a certain metallic shedding as this occurs.
Im going with the break in change.
If you do have a failure and can't show you followed the mfrg's recommended interval- you may have some liability warranty wise. (legal disclaimer: it's my free-to-you opinion)

/ 50 hour service #6  
If you do have any tranny or hydraulic warranty issues and did NOT change the hydraulic oil and filter @ 50 hrs, don't blame anyone but yourself..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ 50 hour service #7  
My owners manual says hydro filter only at 50hrs. Change the oil and filter every 100hrs. Why would 'tranny or hydralic warranty issues' be of consern by not changing the oil at 50hrs?

Read an follow your owners manual. It is likely the manufactures know more about their tractors than we do. If it says change the oil at 50hrs, change it.

/ 50 hour service #8  
Lots of companies specify a break in oil change.

Soundguy

/ 50 hour service
Thanks guys for the info. One more question. Sams club sells a universal tractor fluid UDT rated which list several tractor makes on the back but not Kioti. Will this fluid work?

/ 50 hour service #10  
If the oil lists the oil you are replacing.. should be fine. I've used wallmart and TSC UTF to replace ford/NH M2C134D oil for years with no problems.

Soundguy