Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary?

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #21  
Ahhh, just think how much sudt kubota sales changing at 50 hrs. I'm going to change at 100 hrs and use udt from someone else. Atwood's sells a udt equivalent. To each his own and I won't be squawking here if i have a failure.

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Only the quick oil change ripoff artists recommend changing it at 30K mile intervals. If they could get away with it, they would recommend it every 3K miles like the engine oil change. )</font>

Wow---what a blanket statement---maybe some people here work at lube shops trying to earn a living. It would be a kinder, gentler nation not to stereotype.

Im ok if you never change it personally.
As far as vehicles go:
I make more money on auto tranny rebuilds than on tranny services, so it's in my best interest you never change the fluid, ever.
But I do in my vehicles every 30K.

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #23  
Is the 50 hour for just the 1st time or is that a regular maint? If it's the first time I would definitely change it. If it's every 50 hours then that seems awful ridiculous. On my 4600 it's every 400 hours. I can't imagine why Kubota would have it every 50 hours??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #24  
It is fifty hours for the first time and 400 hrs for the second time.

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #25  
That makes sense Sky Pup. In my opinion a person would be foolish not to make that 50 hour change at break-in hours, especially if it's a hydro. One little piece of metal and that little bit of money for oil seems awful cheap compared to a rebuild.

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #26  
Ditto!

Soundguy

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #27  
The manual for my Farmtrac say's to change the Hyd/Tranny FILTER @ 50 hours then at 400 hours change the filter AND fluid. I went ahead and changed both at the 50 hour mark and was glad I did. There was a good deal of particulate matter stuck on the magnetic drain plugs.
I would attribute a large part of the contaminants to normal break-in wear and not ineptitude at the factory. At least that is what makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #28  
Any time I see a 'change the filter only' part.. i usually like to change the oil too..

Soundguy

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #29  
When I get to 50 hr I will drain the Gear oil and the Hydraulic fuild. I will set it clean buckets to setle the particals. I will flush with diesel. Then after two days waiting I'll use the "new" fluid I drained. (Remember it has only 50hr!) I won't use the stuff at the bottom.

Now if it looks bad, that's another story

/ Hydraulic change at 50 hrs. unnecessary? #30  
My dealer told me the same thing. Just change the filter and that is all they did. I wished they would have changed it when I took it in for the first 50 hour check. However today I changed the hydraulic fluid and it looked pretty darn clean. So it is changed today with new and I don't think I could tell the difference between the old and the new. But if I had to do it all over again I would say change it just because the manufacture says to change it.

murph