acetone increases mileage?

/ acetone increases mileage? #2  
Nope, acetone has even less BTU's per unit volume than ethanol..... pure BS, although it does work great from removing the paint from your vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ acetone increases mileage?
did you read the article? They aren't saying for burning, but for vaporizing the gas better...

/ acetone increases mileage? #4  
Big deal, how much unburned hydrocarbon BTUs do you think are being wasted going out the exhaust pipe that you could recover, a couple of parts per million?

This is a complete crock, two methyl groups and a ketone are NOT going to increase your mileage no matter how hard you dream that it will...... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wonder where they got their data then for a 35% increase in efficiency for 2-3oz acetone per 10 gallons gas?

Also, I was looking at another site where people tried it and reported their performance. It wasn't uncommon for the results to be similar to the +35% efficiency.?

here it is, found it. I looked at the chryslers as I have a jeep with a I-6 and that guy seemed to have good results.

nuther site

/ acetone increases mileage? #6  
Placebo effect, if any.

Plus, acetone is a pretty good solvent for plastic, so if it contacts any in your fuel system, you will be sending that out the tailpipe as well.

/ acetone increases mileage? #7  
If you sniff 2-3 ounces of dimethyl ketone and then get in your car and try to drive, it certainly will seem like you are getting better mileage due to the serious disconnect between your neural synapses and your neural matter due to the lack of dopamine. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ acetone increases mileage? #8  
I am going with the cow magnet strapped to the fuel line /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben
ps.
I thought about buying all those gas saving devices once, but then decided I would be troubled by having to stop and drain some gas out every now and then. That would cause problems with the EPA.

Got it. Sniff it first, then put the rest in the tank, then add the magnets. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ acetone increases mileage? #10  
Actually it would cost about 10 cents or less to try it. Seeing as how it's not a sales ad why would they lie about it? It's not like one of the ads where they are trying to sell you something to make money at it.