Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782

Default Re: Diesel storage ?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That amounts to 10 to 12 trips a year with 2 five gallon cans. )</font>
    Yup that's true ... while it might not seem like much, any one (or more) of those trips could be "inconvenient".

I'm in the middle of constructing a pad for a polebarn and new driveway .... I'm racing to beat the bad weather to have both done. If I can't get base down on the drive and the building pad before the fall rains really start I'm hosed. Yesterday I started at 7:30 AM and quit around 7 PM .... all day in the seat .... and it's been like that for several weeks now.

I'm burning about a tank a day (7 gallons) .... not alot ... but then I've also refueled my neighbors Bobcat (around 7 gallons I think), a friend's TN70 (25 gallons), and another friend's TC40, all of whom were nice enough to help me out.

Having to run out to the station every time I turn around would be a complete PITA for me. I'm already worn out as it is .... having to chuck around fuel containers is just one more little bit of effort that I really don't care to expend. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

YMMV

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

OTHER FUEL THREADS

Shortened First Long Link

Shortened Second Long Link

Shortened Third Long Link

Shortened Fourth Long Link
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MikePA: Please review your message before posting it. It's simple not to create a long link that widens the entire thread. Just insert a descriptive word or two between the {url=http://whatever}<font color="red">Enter words here</font>{/url} instead of the entire URL. Replace parentheses {} with square brackets in previous example. Alternatively, if you use the Instant Markup language URL link, the first prompt is for the URL. The second prompt is for a description. Do not simply paste in the URL again. Type a short description of the link. Note: Following standard Internet protocols, bolding is for emphasis and should not be confused with all capital letters, which represents shouting. Also, this instruction is done in public so that others may learn as well.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the replies! I use about a hundred to hundred twenty five gallons a year and want to buy in 100 gal lots to save a little $. )</font>

There are many ways to get the same savings on lesser quantities.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wish I had time to run my tractor that much! I have a diesel car, pickup truck, and tractor that I fill from my tank. )</font>

What do you fill the tank with;
    Is it clear diesel
    red diesel or fuel oil?

Super Star Member
    Tractor

<font color="green"> At that rate, I should fuel up from my home heating oil tank.
    2*Yeah, I know, if I get caught, blah blah blah, but please, c'mon it's all the same.
    arthr31
    ========== </font>
    <font color="purple">1*I don't see why you're not already doing that.
    2*Don't run it on the road and you won't get caught.
    </font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123