Small storage tank?

/ Small storage tank? #11  
I used a 35? gallon grease keg for mine. Grease was in a bag.. pulle dthe bag.. washed and wiped out with mineral spirits and a clean rag. Got a 19$ harbor freight rotary hand pump and a few feet of fuel rated hose, and a simple "L" shaped open nozzle end. Pump had the 2" bung adapter, and i used a 1$ small engine 'gas' filter plumbed via a short piece of hose to a 3/4" adapter to use as a 'vent' for the tank. Aranqed it in an upside down "J" so that the filter opening points down.

All this is on a cheap harbor freight hand cart with a bunji cord holding it on.

I painted the can 'diesel' yellow, and got a diesel plaque for it for a 1$ from the local fuel depot. ( fuel guy said that DOT -could- give you a hassle without the plaque, on a mobile 'tank'. though usually didn't bother farmers / non comercial people... i went the safe route and bought the 1$ sticker.. )

That way i can toss the rig on the trailer or in the back of the trrck and take it down to the station to fill up.

Soundguy

/ Small storage tank?
Picked up a poly 30 gallon barrell today for 25 bucks. Do I now have to paint it yellow and put a tag on it to get the bulk fuel put in it?

/ Small storage tank? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Picked up a poly 30 gallon barrell today for 25 bucks. Do I now have to paint it yellow and put a tag on it to get the bulk fuel put in it? )</font>

Don't quite understand your question.
Could you please clarify?

/ Small storage tank? #14  
<font color="blue"> That way i can toss the rig on the trailer or in the back of the truck and take it down to the station to fill up.
==== </font> ====
Sorta like what I've got in mind.
A wheeled 12 to 20 Gal. tank I can throw in the bed of
my pick up and take it down to the station and fill it up.
The hand pump would mean good by to lifting and lugging 5 gallon cans.
For unloading the filled tank I plan to build a (dock, stand, shelf or what ever you want to call it) the same height as my lowered tail gate so I can just wheel the tank right off the truck onto the dock.

/ Small storage tank? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do I now have to paint it yellow and put a tag on it to get the bulk fuel put in it? )</font>

The big truck stops and bulk fuel plant my company uses won't put fuel / allow you to put fuel, into an 'unapproved container'.. I'e'.. the local guy putting diesel in a gas can.. or gas in a milkjug to fuel his car stalled a mile down the road.. etc.

I chose to paint mine yellow to match the other diesel cans i see.. However i have seen trucks with plain aluminum tanks, white and black tanks get diesel.. no red tanks though.. and also.. all must have the diesel plaque on it AFAIK.. etc. Can't guess what the stations / fuel people in your area do.

Soundguy

/ Small storage tank? #16  
<font color="blue">Suitable tanks can sometimes be had from furnace supply stores, get one made to hold fuel oil, Furnace oil #2 and #2 diesel are the same thing, so all the fittings are fine.
</font>

What different sizes do they come in?

I need something in the 12 to 20 Gallon range.