Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid

/ Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid #21  
If you're intent is to use the loader to move snow banks back or you have a hydraulic snowblower then waiting for the hydro fluid to come up to temp is a good idea when it's very cold, regardless if it's a GST or HST.

/ Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid
I'll be installing the Amsoil Full Synthetic 5W-30 Hydraulic in both the L-3130 GST (800 hrs) and the ZD-21 HST 9200 hrs) trannys this weekend, only have to change out the two hydraulic filters in the L-39 @ 200 hrs this weekend too.

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Even with SUDT, Kubota asks for something like 20 minutes at 10 degrees. The reason is they want the time to bring the hydro fluid up to temp too before it gets worked too hard. Engine heat spills to the hydro fluid, so they claim. )</font>

Jim, how right you are! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif See Kubota Super Universal Dynamic Tractor vs. UDT Flow Rate Graph above.

No wonder Kubota put their SUDT in our L-39 TLBs with 23 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow. That is almost 90 LITERS per minute! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 781188-Kubota SUDT vs UDT.gif
    781188-Kubota SUDT vs UDT.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 204
The ONLY time the kinematic viscosity of SUDT is equal to that of UDT is @ 100*C or 212*F!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The rest of the time, SUDT doesn't even come close to that of UDT. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And anyone operating their hydraulic fluids @ 100*C is in for some MAJOR trouble! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid #25  
Can the SAE paper on Super UDT be downloaded off the Internet? If so, what is the site? If it cannot be downloaded, can you advise a specific place where it can be purchased? It sounds like a quality explanation of how and why SUDT was developed. It is all I use in our Kubota ZD-21.

It can be purchased from the Society of Automotive Engineers here in the USA:

www.sae.org

/ Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid #27  
How do you like the Amzoil now that you've made the switch?

It is working excellent, just like Kubota's SUDT, really cannot tell the difference between the two. After 800 hrs of SUDT on the L-3130, the next 400 will be the multigrade 5W-40 Synthetic Amsoil.

In the ZD-21, which is OEM with SUDT also, the Amsoil just purrs like a kitten in the hydrostatic tranny.

No real subjective difference between the OEM SUDT and the Synthetic multigrade Amsoil. These synthetic multigrades sure do outperform the straight grade dino fluids though! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Full Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic Fluid #30  
I'm quickly closing on my 50 hour service with the L3130. How receptive do you think the dealer will be in having me dictate what fluids he uses for the service (IYOHO)?