GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #51  
<font color="blue"> plus not worth the time. </font>

Maybe not worth your time, but worth it to somone that can't afford any other form of heat this winter.

Really, every time you mention that is is no big deal that fuel prices are going up, it is insulting to those of us that have to watch every penny. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #52  
So someone will dirty up there house, have to get the chimney cleaned (cost $$) every so often, spend your time (worth XX per hour) thus to save maybe $100 to $150 a month??? Or 600 for a complete heating season. Every wood is going up, but it sounds like you a have plan.

Not worth my time, aggravation or every worrying about this. In 1 year from now these prices will look great and people will still be whining (as normal). It never ends and they will wish next year to have this years prices.

Again, they are not going down so you better pile the wood up since it is going to be a long road ahead. I wonder what people will do when the fuel goes back up to high prices.

Again if people are worried about this XX per month, you have bigger things going on then fuel prices. I hate to see people when:

1) Health insurance goes up
2) Co-pays go up
3) Clothing goes up
4) Food goes up
5) Taxes go up
6) Auto insurance goes up
7) Home owners goes up
8) Tractor parts go up
9) Dental goes up
10) Water prices go up
11) trash prices go up
and so one.

In all my $$$ I shell out, the fuel is so small it is funny. Even my house G&E is not even an issue. So it goes up $60 more a month. Not breaking the bank here. Again, if I am that close to the $$$ fine line, I have problems much greater then fuel.

And we are worried about fuel price???? Fuel in the big sceam of bills is not even a dent here...

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #53  
$60.00 a month is a big deal to lots of folks. That's $720.00 a year. For someone making $15.00 an hour, that's 48 hours of labor. Six days of work.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #54  
My$60 is for heating in the winters; so unless someone turns on the heat all year...The increase of 60 is for my heating season as I stated..That is 5 months long. That is $300 extra for the year for heat. Not to bad at all. My insurance when up $800 and I am worried about $300 here?????

But if gas is $60 a month, which is $720. That is $0.50 a day. So they 48 hours is 1 week out of a year...That is 1.9% of your entire yearly work schedule.

Again 720 spread out throught the entire year I would hope would not be a big deal. As I stated above if $60 is going to make or break anyone, They have bigger issues then fuel here. . I am not going to comment on the labor per hour since I am sure it will cause a huge uproar.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #55  
$60 dollars a month is two dollars a day, not 50 cents a day.

Working 8 hour days, 48 hours is six days out of the 240 days that I work each year(I am fortunate enough to have four weeks of vacation).

240 days divided by 6 days = one 40th of my annual income, so it is a big deal to me and every other average wage earner in the country.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #56  
David, you might as well forget it. He's never going to understand.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #57  
<font color="blue"> I am not going to comment on the labor per hour since I am sure it will cause a huge uproar.
</font>

Oh come on, please do. I can hardly wait to read it.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #58  
Sure he will. We all understand it. We just don't like it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think that since my parents were raised in the depression, they were able to pass on to me that a free rutabaga is very valuable when you are starving, but compost when you are not. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #59  
opps $0.05 an hour.

So you are right here. I made a mistake.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #60  
One more thing... how many of you still pick up a penny when you see it on the ground? I do. Each and every one is important.

How many of you are well off financially, but still turn off the lights when you leave the room? I do. Why waste electricity?

How many of you shut off the car when waiting for a slow moving train? I do. Why waste gas?

How many of you wait to take out the trash until the bag is full so you don't waste plastic? I do. But that is because I am too lazy to take out the trash... who wants to do that anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But you get the point. "Just because I can" is not a good reason to do anything. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif