GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #81  
Living debt-free is simple, but in my experience few these days are willing to do it. Live on less than you make, save up and pay cash for anything you want to buy (short of a house), and pay extra principal on your home mortgage and/or refinance to a shorter term when you can. Stay in the same house long enough to pay it down significantly if not pay it off. Buy stuff second hand when it makes sense. Repair what breaks, or do without instead of buying new.

I make WAY less money than my brother-in-law, but he is in debt up to his eyeballs, and just lost his big fancy expensive house. He and my sister just had to have a new bigger house every couple of years, brand new furniture all the time, brand new cars every year or two, top brand-name clothes for themselves and their children. Never had a budget or any idea where their money has gone, they just know that they never have enough no matter how much they make.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP
<font color="blue"> we stocked "Texas Star" re-refined motor oil; sold for a quarter a quart.
Bird </font>
========
Back around 1959 or 1960 one of my first part time jobs was at Spur Oil Co.
We called it bulk oil and it went for 20 cents a quart.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #83  
Well I'm happy to report that we're starting to get some normalization of fuel prices. We got a fuel shipment yesterday and regular was down to $1.89 and diesel was down to $2.18. This is without tax. PHEW is all I can say. When you're burning 300 gallons a day during harvest it adds up fast.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #84  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...and diesel was down to $2.18. This is without tax. )</font>

Ouch! Kiss my foot. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had to fill my tank last month, and it cost me $2.79 per gallon of #2 off road. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #85  
#2 diesel is still 3.45 a gallon here in Wisconsin. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #86  
GSX, you missed 1 thing - "The fuel price could go up another 1 per gallon and people will still do what they always do. Drive and buy gas."

and complain about the high price of gas.....

This seems to be a nation pasttime. I have a BIL with a $45K truck and he's talking about getting rid of it because he cannot afford to buy fuel. $1,000/mo truck payment and he cannot afford another $20/week to cover the increased cost in diesel. Something is wrong with this picture....

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #87  
I went to Sikeston Mo. yesterday and reg unleaded was 2.169 a gallon. I didn't see any diesel prices though. I can't figure out is my GMC 1500 Z71 got 15.7 going down at 70 mph and 17.1 coming back at 65 mph. The big differance is coming back I was pulling a empty flatbed trailer.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #88  
Cowboydoc,

Even adding NC tax to those prices that is cheap compared to NC.

This morning gas was 2.59/2.69/279 for 87/89/92 octane. Diesel was 2.99. NC fuel tax is at least 40 cents a gallon.

Good thing the price is so cheap since I need 32 or so gallons of diesel for the truck, five for the tractor and a gallon of 92 for the Sthils. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Course its a better price than the last few weeks.

Later,
Dan

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #89  
Gas around NE Kansas is running 2.179. We drove down to Houton last week, gas got higher the farther south we went. Gas in Oklahoma was cheaper than Kansas but as soon as he hit Texas it went up 50-60 cents per gallon. I thing the highest I had to pay was 2.799 luckily the wifes car made 30mpg and we didn't use that much. I learned one thing though, this old country boy isn't meant to drive in Houston. I couldn't do that everyday. What's the speed limit in Oklahoma? 100 mph? They fly through there.

/ GAS DOWN - DIESEL UP #90  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What's the speed limit in Oklahoma? 100 mph? They fly through there. )</font>

If I was in Oklahoma, I'd want to get out as soon as possible too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif