Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default Pressure washer pump oil-what is it??

I have a Graco 9hp Honda with a Interpump 3.5gpm/3200psi that holds 14oz of fluid in the pump.. Cant find the manual, only found specs with capacity online.. anyone have a clue what is in it? lookin kind if gray now I want to freshen it up before it freezes in the barn.

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Default Re: Pressure washer pump oil-what is it??

The pump on my Karcher pressure washer specifies 15w-40 engine oil for the pump and 10w-30 for the engine. I hope this helps.

Brad

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    sold PT-425

Northern Tool carries pump oil that appears to be universal for all pressure washer pumps. Main thing is the additives which help to prevent rust in the moisture environment.

Check {HERE}

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd Kubota M105 shuttle

I have a commercial unit, an Alladin diesel fired 3K with a Honda 13 horse engine. I get all my chemicals from the selling dealer, but, he recommended straight 30 weight NON Detergent motor oil fro the Cat triplex pump so that's what I use. He told me that the additive package in detergent 30 weight will cause foaming in the crankcase cavity.

Tractor
    Kubota BX22--Wheel Horse 520H

I have an Excell 3600 psi. with a 13 HP Honda and Reverti (not sure if that is correct spelling) pump. The manual specifies 30 wt. non detergent oil only. I was at Home Depot the other day and noticed that they carry Excell pump oil for pressure washers. You might want to check that out.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    sold PT-425

That's correct. A NON-detergent petrochemical hydraulic type oil is the general spec. The stuff from Northern is Non-detergent also.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130 and Kubota ZD21

Non-Detergent 30w is what I use in mine. I called the manufacturer and they told me to use Non-Detergent 30w motor oil in the pump. You can buy it at Northern Tool, Lowes or Home Depot. I buy mine at Wal-Mart for around $1.00 a quart in the motor oil section. Have been using it for years. I change it at approx. every 10 hours of use. Washer has over 200 hours on it and works as good as new.

Curt

Tractor
    Kubota B-3030, FEL & BH

I agree with the above posts. Non-Detergent 30w is standard.

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

CAT has a oil for their pumps. I understand it is non detergent and synthetic. I thought that would get GSXR1200 and Skypup excited. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]