Pressure washer pump oil-what is it??

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #1  

Dirtball

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I have a Graco 9hp Honda with a Interpump 3.5gpm/3200psi that holds 14oz of fluid in the pump.. Cant find the manual, only found specs with capacity online.. anyone have a clue what is in it? lookin kind if gray now I want to freshen it up before it freezes in the barn.

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #2  
The pump on my Karcher pressure washer specifies 15w-40 engine oil for the pump and 10w-30 for the engine. I hope this helps.

Brad

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #3  
Northern Tool carries pump oil that appears to be universal for all pressure washer pumps. Main thing is the additives which help to prevent rust in the moisture environment.

Check {HERE}

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #4  
I have a commercial unit, an Alladin diesel fired 3K with a Honda 13 horse engine. I get all my chemicals from the selling dealer, but, he recommended straight 30 weight NON Detergent motor oil fro the Cat triplex pump so that's what I use. He told me that the additive package in detergent 30 weight will cause foaming in the crankcase cavity.

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #5  
I have an Excell 3600 psi. with a 13 HP Honda and Reverti (not sure if that is correct spelling) pump. The manual specifies 30 wt. non detergent oil only. I was at Home Depot the other day and noticed that they carry Excell pump oil for pressure washers. You might want to check that out.

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #6  
That's correct. A NON-detergent petrochemical hydraulic type oil is the general spec. The stuff from Northern is Non-detergent also.

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #7  
Non-Detergent 30w is what I use in mine. I called the manufacturer and they told me to use Non-Detergent 30w motor oil in the pump. You can buy it at Northern Tool, Lowes or Home Depot. I buy mine at Wal-Mart for around $1.00 a quart in the motor oil section. Have been using it for years. I change it at approx. every 10 hours of use. Washer has over 200 hours on it and works as good as new.

Curt

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #8  
I agree with the above posts. Non-Detergent 30w is standard.

/ Pressure washer pump oil-what is it?? #9  
CAT has a oil for their pumps. I understand it is non detergent and synthetic. I thought that would get GSXR1200 and Skypup excited. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif