Castrol on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Castrol on Sale #11  
"I mean that they (Amsoil) are selling only high quality products, where Castrol is only selling high quality marketing with inferior products. "

Come on Skypup, that was a dodge. Not even a subtle one.

/ Castrol on Sale #12  
Nope, just the facts, Castrol was successfully sued by the Federal Trade Commission for falsely advertising synthetic motor oil, claiming their hydrocracked Group III synthetic oils were "true" synthetics. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Amsoil's oils are true Group IV PAO synthetics. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was slowrev that was duped by Castrol's Syntec phoney marketing claims..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Next we'll hear claims about how great Slick 50 is..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Castrol on Sale #13  
HAW HAW, I was not even talking about Castrol synthetic, nor was anyone else on the thread me thinks.
I got my great results using regular Castrol /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Ben

/ Castrol on Sale #14  
It was slowrev that was duped by Castrol's Syntec phoney marketing claims.....
//Duped ? I got my results on regular Castrol GTX. Perhaps I was not the one duped on Synthetic claims ?

Ben

/ Castrol on Sale #15  
Maybe you were and maybe you were not or maybe no one will ever know.

However selling a product based on false advertising claims is a good reason NOT to purchase the product now that you are aware of it. I would not patronize Castrol on account of this fact alone.

/ Castrol on Sale #16  
Regardless of the dupe I had very good results with Castrol GTX.
I have never had any good results with Amsoil.
Ben

/ Castrol on Sale #17  
Because I have never used amsoil and probably never will. Too expensive.

/ Castrol on Sale #18  
Haven't you been able to find anything cheaper than Castrol GTX?

I used it in my BMW 2002 two liter dual Weber 45 DCOE balanced and blueprinted race engine, unfortunatley the cam bearings only lasted one season and had to get an entire new head to rebuild the engine. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Castrol on Sale #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I mean that they (Amsoil) are selling only high quality products, where Castrol is only selling high quality marketing with inferior products. )</font>

?? Personally..I wouldnt think that sitting on Wally World's shelf at #1.59 a qt is "high priced marketing"..?? I dont see Amsoil there at ANY price!...Hmmmm??

/ Castrol on Sale #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ....

However selling a product based on false advertising claims is a good reason NOT to purchase the product now that you are aware of it. I would not patronize Castrol on account of this fact alone. )</font>

What MAJOR world corp DOESNT exaggerate their claims to see their product???? Someone is lieing somewhere or we wouldnt have FOUR number 1 selling tractors in the world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.